Sponsored by:

PCA's Reiser are air intakes

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 04:48 PM
nycebo
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Post PCA's Reiser are air intakes

I was reading the Tech Q&A today on PCA and enjoyed this response from Joel Reiser, particularly since it meshes with thoughts that I have had on the subject of air intakes:
"Classification: Engine
Subject: 1999 996 C2 intake muffler
Model: 996 C2
Year: 1999
Total Mileage: 73000
Car Use: Combination Street and Track

Question:
I have been looking at air intake systems and I understand the Fabtech system has one remove the intake muffler from the air box. Can I remove the intake muffler with the stock system and inprove the air flow and what are the risks with back fire?
Thanks William

Answer:
When you say FabTech I assume you mean FabSpeed. If you have something else in mind, give me a little bit of information about it. I have never heard of th e 996 backfiring due to intake mods. As far as I know it's all good. The airboxes comply with the Swiss noise laws, which I consider to be irrelevant in the US. Most car people in the US prefer a more open system which will make really nice sounds when you get on the power."
It just makes good sense that Porsche would have a restrictive airbox, just as they have a restrictive muffler, to accomodate noise restrictions in every part of the world. Anyway, not to stir up a hornet's nest, but I thought it would be interesting to post the opinion.

Quick Reply: PCA's Reiser are air intakes