Vegas Parking

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2003, 04:39 PM
OrisChrono
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Vegas Parking

Hey Guys,

Here's a strange topic. For those of you lucky enough to be within driving distance (or crazy enough if you're not), do you drive your beloved 996's to Las Vegas?

Or do you leave the P-Car at home and drive something else? And when you go, do you valet the car or park yourself? Some people say Valet is safer as the drivers are always running in and out of the parking area...hence the car has an eye kept on it at all times..

Any feedback?

Thanks
Old 03-28-2003, 07:09 PM
Waz996
Burning Brakes

Ok, again the old waz answer goes:

Distance between Las Vegas, Nevada, United States and Lagos, Nigeria, as the crow flies:
7481 miles (12040 km) (6501 nautical miles)

Initial heading from Las Vegas to Lagos:
east-northeast (66.9 degrees)
Initial heading from Lagos to Las Vegas:
northwest (311.6 degrees)

Am out of this post!

Waz
Old 03-28-2003, 09:49 PM
Yackedy Sacks
Intermediate

Funny this topic should come up, I am actually heading out to Vegas tomorrow!

I will be taking the 996 ... there are a plethora of nice cars that valet at the higher end hotels. If I'm lucky maybe they'll even park it out front? hehehe.
Old 03-28-2003, 10:58 PM
Graygoose997
.org
Rennlist Member

Just got back from a 5 day weekend.
If you can, stay at the Four Seasons.
Your car will be on the apron the whole time, and the service and accomdations can't be beat.
When we checked in they apolgized that the small suite we reserved was sold out for the first night...and would we mind spending the night in the "sunset suite"? This was a $3,000/night mammoth muti room high roller suite with the finest of the finest, and views on 3 sides.The next morning they called to say that because we had to change rooms they would be treating us to a $100 breakfast for the 4 of us.
Viva Las Vegas !
Perry
Old 03-31-2003, 02:44 AM
OrisChrono
Instructor

Hey Guys,

What a trip. Left at 7:30pm on Friday evening. Took the 996 which has Bilstein Sport Shocks, H&R sport Springs, and Techart Sway Bars.

Unfortunately I have to say the the 996 is not a car to take on a long road trip. I wouldn't say that the drive was boring, but the road noise from the tires (Yokohama AVS Sport) was deafening. The ride itself was kinda bumpy too...felt a lot of "road texture". Needless to say, next time I will either fly or take the X5.

On the way back the traffic was horrible and the clutch and gear was something of a bother after the second hour of our 7 hour journey home.

Anyways, anyone go to Vegas with red MY'99+ 996 with Aerokit? I saw one parked at the Valet booth at Luxor at the towers entrance.

Quick Reply: Vegas Parking