Sponsored by:

Problems with Fabspeed

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2002, 11:52 PM
zobi
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Problems with Fabspeed

I have had some varying stories and info about Fabspeed but I decided to order an exhaust anyway as Mr Fabiani was very convincing about the differences and said that I could order his and others and then return which one I wasn't happy with.

Of course my luck... I was also informed a few hours later that my position was being "consolidated"... i.e. I'm no longer employed. I may have found a contract position but I am not stable enough financially right now to spend $1100 on an exhaust system.

After finding out I was not employed effective Friday I called Fabspeed to cancel my order. I talked to someone other than Joe and asked that he call me back. My calls have not been returned for 4 days and I always get his voicemail. My emails go unanswered as well. I find it difficult to believe he can run a business and not answer phones or emails for this long.

Does anyone have any experiences or advice with this vendor?
Old 04-21-2002, 12:39 AM
Carrera Rod
Advanced

My experience has been 50/50 with them. The good news is you will be able to easily sell your exhaust.

Good Luck
Old 04-21-2002, 01:29 PM
Vik
Instructor

Zobi, thanks for your thoughts on Fabspeed. As somebody who is looking into purchasing an aftermarket exhaust system, I had shortlisted Fabspeed. I am apalled, however, to learn of their service quality, and will definitely take this into consideration when making my final decision.

Sorry to hear about your position being consolidated, and best wishes on finding a new job.

Regards.
Old 04-22-2002, 10:10 AM
Joe@Fabspeed
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 43 Likes on 19 Posts
Hi ZOBI/ Brandon. This is Joe @ Fabspeed.

Brandon, you placed an order for a 996 exhaust system the other day. You phoned back shortly thereafter to cancel the order due to personal business matters.
My people confirmed your cancelation. We never processed your order nor did anything else. Also, if we had processed your order.....all we would have done is credit you back.

There was really no need for the above negative post. When you canceled....everything was canceled. Also, your credit card company could have shown that no charges were entered.

Have a great day.

Joe @ Fabspeed Motorsport USA
www.Fabspeed.com

P: 215-646-4945
F: 215-646-9828

Exotic Car Performance Experts
Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, Maserati, Bentley, Aston Martin, BMW, Audi and Jaguar.

31 year PCA Club member supporter
14 year Ferrari Club member
1st ever financial supporter of Porsche Fans/ Rennlist
Old 04-22-2002, 10:38 AM
Joe@Fabspeed
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 43 Likes on 19 Posts
Joe @ Fabspeed Motorsport again.

Guys there is no service nor quality issues at question here. A gentlemen ordered something and canceled several hours later the same day- Friday. He was advised that the order was never charged to his credit card and it was never shipped. We immediatley cancelled the customers order.

As far as not calling the customer back to
"double re-reconfirm" the simple cancellation........I did not get the message as we were out loading up for the swap meet in Hershey, finishing up tips for the 2002 996s, and shipping parts worldwide.
Old 04-22-2002, 02:48 PM
zobi
Track Day

Well maybe I was jumping the gun... I didn't realize he was out of the office.

I will say this...... He may have taken care of the situation and he may have been really busy. And the stress thats been on me may have affected my outlook. But I still feel there could have been better communication made.

I will still probably check out his exhaust in the coming months to see if its worth it or not.
Old 04-22-2002, 04:18 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 212 Posts
Fabspeeds make great products and yes there coulda been better comminication and all but unless you live just a few blocks from where they are it's always open for conflict when you're from afar. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from Joe again. Regards. Mike
Old 04-23-2002, 09:09 AM
MMTECH
Intermediate

Talking

I've been doing business with Joe for the past three months. In that time he has proven himself to be an honest business man. Sometimes phone calls cannot be returned immediatley due to other circumstances. Relax and enjoy your car!
Old 04-24-2002, 01:43 AM
zobi
Track Day

Question

I was informed today that Fabspeed actually used to sell GHL exhaust and that something happened with that relationship and they now either make or get their exhaust from somewhere else... Has anybody else been told this?
Old 04-24-2002, 11:40 AM
DonW-Cape Cod
R.I.P.
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Thumbs up

I mentioned my dealings with Joe in a separate post earlier this week. I can't answer your question about GHL, but I can tell you this. When Joe offered to mount his mufflers on my 02 Cab in exchange for him taking the car for a day to measure for his new tips for the 02, I went to the fabrication facility. Don't remember the name, but I was impressed with what they were doing. It's certainly not a "back yard garage deal" at all. These guys are good!

Quick Reply: Problems with Fabspeed