Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Clunking noise when I turn right. Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2002, 06:29 AM
topdaytrader
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by NMoore:
<strong>Hate to even ask, but have you checked there is nothing loose in the trunk, including the spare?

May not be it, but you can check the upper strut mounts easily enough, take off the battery cover and the two perforated plastic screens. 26 lb/ft of torque if any of those are loose.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well, the dealer told me that they checked everything. What will happen if the strut mount is not fixed?
Old 11-16-2002, 06:51 AM
topdaytrader
Banned

[quote]Originally posted by NMoore:
<strong>Hate to even ask, but have you checked there is nothing loose in the trunk, including the spare?

May not be it, but you can check the upper strut mounts easily enough, take off the battery cover and the two perforated plastic screens. 26 lb/ft of torque if any of those are loose.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well, the dealer told me that they checked everything. What will happen if the strut mount is not fixed?
Old 11-16-2002, 11:08 AM
NMoore
Racer

A loose strut mount will start making noise over every bump and steering input, as it would surely continue to loosen. You will feel the deflection when you turn the wheel.

For sure check that your wheel nuts are properly tightened.

You know, you might not have a problem. If you hit a bump hard enough the inside of the wheel could have made brief contact with the suspension. Go to the back of the car (easier) and ask yourself how those dings got on the inside of the wheel rim.

Quick Reply: Clunking noise when I turn right. Help!!!