An old conversation piece...springs

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2002, 10:42 PM
OrisChrono
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post An old conversation piece...springs

Guys,

Here's an old dilemma, but I lowered my MY2000 C2 with European springs. I was told that those springs retained the same comfort as the regular US spec springs with the exception that they are lower. Well, true they are lower but not by much and yet when I go around corners I wished I had a bit stiffer of a ride (EU factory springs are still kind of bouncy).

Anyone with suggestions? I heard H&R was the choice "de reguir" but are they too harsh? How about Eibach? Did anyone install the Eibach Sway/Roll bars on?

Thanks in advanced
Old 07-09-2002, 11:18 PM
Hues1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I havent tried too many different setups on my 996 and I'm currently running Techart matched shocks and springs along with the factory goodies that came with the US M030 option. The Techart system is firmer than factory but not bouncy. I feel that it was a good compromise between factory ( mushy ) and aftermarket such as the H&R's (stiff ). I have although run just about every aftermarket option ranging from H&R, JRZ, Racing Dynamics, ETC... on my 2000 BMW . I currently run the KW double adjustable coilovers on it. At the stiffest and lowest ride height setting, they are HARSH. But with a little tweaking time and 2 kegs later, they are actually not too bad. I would have to say that anything aftermarket would be better but also harsher than stock. Its just a matter of how much you're willing to compromise ! hope this helps.

Quick Reply: An old conversation piece...springs