Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 10:49 PM
Pac996
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the club.

Here;s a quick DIY.
1. Take key in hand
2. Position key so that plastic is gripped and metal section is pointed away from body
3. Carefully manuever metal stick end towards just below door handle on drivers side. (Don't bother looking on passenger side)
4. Focus eyes on side of door looking for metal piece with spring loaded flap covering a slot a little wider than metal end of the fob.
5. Press metal end onto and past spring loaded flap so that the metal enters as far as it can inward on the door. (Be carefull not to smudge wax job with knuckles)
6. Turn key clockwise to lock the door. Turn twice rapidly to disarm the alarm with the doors locked.
7. Call a tow truck and get your car to the dealership so they can install a new alarm system with brand new keys.

Costs probably the same as new key fobs and programming so why not
Old 07-13-2011, 03:56 AM
Pac996
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I notice the battery on one of my fobs doesn't last over a week. I also noticed the internals are clipped in and if sagging a few small layers of tape on the top of the battery help the fob operate better. I'm also wondering if one of the resistors lowers in value over time in age and allows power to drain out of the battery while the battery just sits in the fob.

During any of my online searching have I never found a schematic for the fob. I don't thing its fair. There is a chance that a transistor gate is failing causing the drain but there is no way to get a value or type to replace things one by one till getting the right fix. With the way everything is made in china these days I wouldn't doubt its just the batterys that aren't worth squat while we all figure our fobs are failing. Mine will work pretty good at first with a new battery then fall on its face coming up in short order. Could just be the quality of batteries. Darned if I know. Sure sucks.

I have seen a do it yourself write up for repositioing the antenna thats in the drivers side windshield pillar. It's supposed to help the car receive the signal of a remote easier. Good luck finding it.

Quick Reply: Keyless entry not working??