996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Oh the horror!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 10:17 PM
marlinspike
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Where are you located? Maybe somebody here can recommend a good shop. Any shop, given the proper time and motivation, can do a decent job with body work, but no paint. If the paint guy is not good, no matter what it'll never be good. You've got to look around at the other cars in the shop. What you're looking for are muscle cars and custom hot rods. Typically newish expensive cars go wherever the shop looks nice, but the old muscle cars and custom hot rods are at shops with good painters.
Old 05-06-2006, 08:49 PM
Lohr
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eh, the only reason I note he is from germany is because he gave me the old "them german cars gots the special paint, in germany we does it like this" line. boy I took that bait, hook, line and sinker. What blows my mind is that every other vehicle I have seen him do has been spotless and perfect. What a total dissapointment.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:00 PM
marlinspike
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Actually, it's very true that thos german cars have got special paint...it's also illegal in this country so nobody, german or not, can do it in the states. Luckily we have paints with different ingrediants that really are just as good (and can be much better) when done right.

Quick Reply: Oh the horror!