Sponsored by:

Emergency brake button

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 07:31 PM
Gus B.
Pro

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts
Unhappy Emergency brake button

I posted this on another more "tech oriented" forum, but so far no replies. Anyone can offer some help?

The e-brake worked perfectly, but after my twin boys spent an hour pretending to be Alonso and Montoya the button for the emergency brake has been pushed in and I am unable to "pop it back out" Do I have to remove the entire center console and disassemble the entire thing? From other posts, it is my understanding that this is an entire unit that cannot be taken apart! It still works fine, just that I cannot "lock it into place" since the release button is sunken in. Can anyone shed some light into this matter? Please?

And yes, kids are no longer allowed to play in the front seats
Old 05-04-2006, 08:37 PM
djantlive
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You have to remove the rear console to get to the handle. Not sure if you can fix it after getting the handle out. I bet some clip or spring broke in there. You can get a stock hand brake for $20-50 easy on eBay. Local speed shop or dealer may have some taken off. It's a good time to upgrade to a CF or alum one. If so, you should do the shifter also.
Old 05-04-2006, 11:36 PM
Gus B.
Pro

Thanks for the response. I did not want to take apart the console unless I knew I could fix it then and there. Oh well, it needs to come out eventually anyways to replace the hinge from the storage unit.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:00 PM
Gus B.
Pro

Just a follow up on this, I pulled on the lever as to engage it and by accident, I let it go when it promptly snapped back into place and the button popped out where it should be. Definitely not a technical solution, but just for futre reference in case someone else has this issue. Pull it up as far as it will go and let it go!
Old 06-05-2006, 11:13 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Gus B.
Just a follow up on this, I pulled on the lever as to engage it and by accident, I let it go when it promptly snapped back into place and the button popped out where it should be. Definitely not a technical solution, but just for futre reference in case someone else has this issue. Pull it up as far as it will go and let it go!
German engineering at its finest!

Quick Reply: Emergency brake button