Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

EVO QuickFlow Air Intake Improves Sound?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2003, 09:54 AM
boca996
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question EVO QuickFlow Air Intake Improves Sound?

I'm considering a change in air intake system and came across this claim on the EVO site:

"The air intake tubes from the OEM airbox to the throttle body incorporate resonance chambers. These "dead air" chambers impede airflow and reduce intake sound. By installing the "QuickFlow™", the OEM restrictive resonance chambers are eliminated which allows for better air flow and sport engine sound."

Has anybody had any experience with a change in sound from this or other airbox mods? Which airbox mod is the best?
Old 05-18-2003, 10:15 AM
TT Gasman
Drifting

I've have yet to hear anything good about 996 air box mods. I do hear about a few check engine lights though, so be careful with this mod. I don't think there is much power to be found in the 996 airbox anyway, in fact, the stock box already flows more air than the engine can use.
Old 05-18-2003, 10:32 AM
SPR
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ditto. Only good thing I have heard of is bmc filters or possibly swapping in a gt3 box if possible.
Old 05-18-2003, 04:07 PM
bobc4s
Intermediate

I have my work done by Bobby At Foreign Affairs in Pompano. They have dyno'd all the cold air box system on the market and only gained 1 hp from the BMC filter on some cars not all. That is what I have on my car it does sound a little better. I wanted the cold air system but Bobby wouldn't sell it to me because he said they don't work and some of them do damage the mass air unit and cause check engine lights to come on. He did put on the GHL Headers and Mufflers and I did notice a difference with that Mod.
Old 05-18-2003, 05:00 PM
Loren
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sean,

The GT3 airbox will not fit your engine. It is a different engine and design.

Quick Reply: EVO QuickFlow Air Intake Improves Sound?