Sponsored by:

Rejex...where do I get it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 08:54 PM
juankimalo
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Scouser
The translation is dificult to understand. But I would love to konw more.

What is this product called Porter Wire and how is it used?
What products were used on that turbo and in what order. There seems a lot to choose from?

It's too late for me .
In Spain we are 02:00 AM ha ha....

I promise you to create a new post in which I'll explain with all kind of details, how to polish your car in a complete process.
(Porter cable is a polish machine like the pictures below)

Old 05-03-2006, 12:39 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

oooh the metabo rotary. My next toy.

look forward to seeing your post this weekend I spent 4 hours soint the following:

1-Washed with Optimum No rinse(water softener to avoid swriling) added to Meguiar's NXT car wash.
2-Clay Bar (took almost one hour) but the paint was squeaky clean.
3-Removed swirls with Poorboy's SSR 2.5 and my Porter Cable with orange Sonus pad. (1.5 hours)
4-Polished the paint with Klasse All in One (my favorite product) by hand no PC.
5-Sealing the paint wth Werkstatt Acrylic Jett Trigger (excellent ease of use no PC needed)
6-a quick spray of FK1 FX100 (a sprayable sealant that works over waxes and sealants equally well)
7-A couple layers of FK1 Pink Wax, very nice and they give you allot of quantity. Its an acrylic wax so it will last a long time compared to a Carnauba only wax.
8-And my final dust repelling spray FK1 425. Keeps the paint cleaner longer because the surface will stay too slick, the dust rolls off with wind and when the car is moving.

Then I went in the house and took five aspirins because that's hard work. I only do all those steps twice or three times a year. After the weekly wash I only use FK1 FX100 and 425 takes only 5 minutes and it looks just as good as it did after spending four hours.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:58 PM
porschedog
Rennlist Member

Received 321 Likes on 209 Posts

Here is the Rejex Web site. the Main product they sell is CorrosionX, a moisture displacer/lubricant that makes WD-40 look like Lipton's Tea. Rejex is popular with aircraft owner because it makes the planes "more slippery" and thus more efficient. I use it on my boat to make it slide through the water more easily and to prevent it from getting that "scum line" that comes from the boat spending more than 4 hours in South Florida's waters. On a car, it gives a kick-butt gloss with an embarrassingly minimal amount of effort.

http://www.corrosionx.com/rejex.html
Old 05-03-2006, 02:20 PM
juankimalo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by perfectlap
oooh the metabo rotary. My next toy.

look forward to seeing your post this weekend I spent 4 hours soint the following:

1-Washed with Optimum No rinse(water softener to avoid swriling) added to Meguiar's NXT car wash.
2-Clay Bar (took almost one hour) but the paint was squeaky clean.
3-Removed swirls with Poorboy's SSR 2.5 and my Porter Cable with orange Sonus pad. (1.5 hours)
4-Polished the paint with Klasse All in One (my favorite product) by hand no PC.
5-Sealing the paint wth Werkstatt Acrylic Jett Trigger (excellent ease of use no PC needed)
6-a quick spray of FK1 FX100 (a sprayable sealant that works over waxes and sealants equally well)
7-A couple layers of FK1 Pink Wax, very nice and they give you allot of quantity. Its an acrylic wax so it will last a long time compared to a Carnauba only wax.
8-And my final dust repelling spray FK1 425. Keeps the paint cleaner longer because the surface will stay too slick, the dust rolls off with wind and when the car is moving.

Then I went in the house and took five aspirins because that's hard work. I only do all those steps twice or three times a year. After the weekly wash I only use FK1 FX100 and 425 takes only 5 minutes and it looks just as good as it did after spending four hours.

hahaha
Perfectlap, I can see you know how to do these things...
Meguiars is one of the best brands
I spent 6-7 hours ina BMW Z3 Coupe
It's a hard work bat it's great looking at your car when you'd finished
Old 05-03-2006, 02:31 PM
juankimalo
Burning Brakes

I recomend to everybody who would like to get the car perfectly cleaned, to download this free book. It's the 'Autopia Guide':

http://www.guidetodetailing.com/arti...p?articleId=58
Old 05-03-2006, 03:50 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

what swirl remover was used on the black 993? I have some people with Lapis Blue and Black asking me after I emailed them the thread.

Quick Reply: Rejex...where do I get it?