Sponsored by:

Electric seats - drivers seat keeps moving forward

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 05:09 PM
NNH
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric seats - drivers seat keeps moving forward

Sorry if this has already been covered, but my nooby attempt to search didn't find anything, while the Alles in Ordnung manual wasn't very clear.
When I unlock the car with the key transmitter, the driver's seat moves itself forward, presumably to allow a rear passenger to get in. It's not a serious issue because I can revert to the memory position, but is there any way to stop this function?
Old 05-03-2006, 05:45 PM
1999Porsche911
Race Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Depending on the year, you may have the option that senses that your legs are too short and it moves up for safety reasons.

OR

It possibly could be that your key has been programed to set adjustable features a specific way. It can be reprogrammed, but I have no idea how. I am sure someone here will tell you how or if you have to take it to the dealer like BMW.

OR.......

maybe you are just growing and the seat is not moving at all?
Old 05-03-2006, 06:07 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 51 Posts

With the key in the ignition, you need to set your position and press the key icon on the sill. This will put your seat to your preset for that particular key everytime you unlock the car. You might still see the seat move on it's own, but only if your position was changed the last time the vehicle was operated. BTW: it will also return your mirrors to your set position and if you want the pass mirror to dip down on reverse, just have the transmission in reverse when you press the key icon. good luck!
Old 05-03-2006, 06:25 PM
NNH
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks! For some reason, my '02 came with an '01 manual, and the '01 doesn't have a key icon at all. I'll try that tonight when I get it back with its new RMS.

Quick Reply: Electric seats - drivers seat keeps moving forward