Sponsored by:

Camber adjustment on ROW 030?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2002, 05:14 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 212 Posts
Post Camber adjustment on ROW 030?

Just like to hear what adjustments were dialed in on camber for those who had it installed already. I have 18(7.5 front/10 rear) inch rims with stock 225 front and 265 rears. I do quite a few DE's so wondered what's the best compromise for street/track if there is any. I heard of -1 for front and stock on rear from Mike of CA- any others who are different? Also at some point in time I like to run 285's on the rear but having my existing rim sizes(7.5 front mainly) there would be more understeer so if I change from 7.5 to 8 it would offset it a bit but suppose I keep the 7.5 up front and use 285's in the rear could you offset the understeer by adjusting camber alone? Thanks in advance. Mike
Old 07-08-2002, 06:54 PM
Loren
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mike,

I think you can go up to -1.5 degrees without any big problems other than tire wear.

If you are going to 285/30x18 rears I recommend (as does Wheel Enhancement) going to a 8" wheel in front. This will help counter some of the additional understeer -- camber can help some too as my car with 8" fronts is running -0.8 degrees. My understanding is that you can cancel out a little more understeer with the 5mm spacers Porsche uses on the GT3. Gert sells these and I will likely pick up a set (with longer bolts and locks) when I order my ROW M030. According to the guys at Custom Alignment you can put these on and off without any re-alignment needed.
Old 07-09-2002, 12:40 PM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 38 Posts
Custom Alighnment in Mtn View is a great shop. Their alignment and balancing equipment are state of the art. They do a ton of Porsche and Viper suapension and brake upgrade work. It's the only place I let touch my cars. How many places take enough pride in their work to index the center wheel caps. (Have you ever noticed they are never indexed on any car magazine photo cars that the manufacturers lend out ? ) Plus since they don't hawk tires, you can drop ship Tire Rack - bought tires to them for installation.
Old 07-09-2002, 05:44 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 212 Posts
What's up MKW-haven't seen you on the board for awhile. Hope everything is good. What do you mean by indexing the caps? I know Custom alignment is the place to go but distance is a problem but mite be worth it to go since reviews have been stellar with this shop. How much do they charge for then install for the suspension? And Loren- thanks-U DA MAN!!!! WE need to go track sometime- let me know when it happens ie laguna seca etc and I'll try to get my lazy a$$ over there : ). Just got my ROW today- cannot wait to hook it up : )-sent July 5th and came in today-FAST. Regards. Mike
Old 07-10-2002, 04:09 AM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 38 Posts
Indexing the center cap simply means the logo is aligned relative to the valve stem on every wheel. On Porsches, the pointy part of the shield emblem would point towards the valve stem !

Quick Reply: Camber adjustment on ROW 030?