996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Funny parking lot story/rant

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 12:35 PM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IT IS ONLY A F...ING CAR...get over yourself...if you are affraid to get it dented..leave it in the garage! And yes there are inconsiderate people...but they can also drive an $140,000 SL500 like I had they other day....it is not what they drive..but if they use their brains.......I just think that when you drive a sportscar you should even be a little nicer to other people, because you are the lucky one!
Old 04-29-2006, 02:16 PM
juankimalo
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

All the people who take care about their cars have to run the risk of 'going out of the garage'. If you don't want to be dented anymore, try to protect your car with a piece of cardboard box. Some people who parks their luxury cars in the same place into a parking, are provided of this "element". So that, if someone parks close to you, there's no fear to be dented
Old 04-29-2006, 10:46 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Nicolaasdb
I just think that when you drive a sportscar you should even be a little nicer to other people, because you are the lucky one!
well put Nicholaas, I couldn't agree more. last thing I want to do is lord it over others that I have an expensive car: it's just bad Karma and what goes around, comes around. IMHO
Old 04-30-2006, 01:08 AM
teflon_jones
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I agree with what everybody else said!

Basically what you're saying is that you're a better person just because they own an old Toyota and didn't quite park right and you own a Porsche that you wash 3-5 times a week? Come on, you're pretty full of yourself. Maybe the car is owned by a single mom that works 3 jobs just to put food on her kids' table and that's the only car she can afford. Maybe it's owned by a military vet that is all screwed up from all the stuff he/she has seen fighting battles in foreign lands. Maybe it's owned by an elderly man or woman that worked their whole life and now is struggling to survive on social security and still has to work to make ends meet. There's so many people that could own that car, but whoever it is, they're obviously a better person than you.

Old 04-30-2006, 01:48 AM
Nutbeem
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Plus, putting a dollar for a car wash on her windshield shows your ignorance - a good wash is at least 12 bucks.

You should have wrote her a check.
Old 04-30-2006, 02:42 AM
rbennett
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

None of us here are saints, but most of us would not post something like this either.

IMO, Vulture996, do not post again on this thread and let this thread die a sloooow painful death and before you know it, most everyone will forget this thread ever happened and life begins anew.

BTW: You %@&#ed up with what you did in the parking lot, but I am sure you are more than aware of that now

Originally Posted by Vulture996
Does everyone here but me live the life of a saint? You all are acting as if there was never an incident which enraged you to the point of acting out of character. I admited on a few occasions the situation could have been handled better. Relax guys, no one was hurt and the person made out with a dollar that I should have kept, lol.
Old 04-30-2006, 07:36 AM
fast1
Race Car

Received 221 Likes on 146 Posts

None of us here are saints, but most of us would not post something like this either.

IMO, Vulture996, do not post again on this thread and let this thread die a sloooow painful death and before you know it, most everyone will forget this thread ever happened and life begins anew.

I agree. The reason that I believe so many posters responded to this thread is because the utterly arrogant and insensitive behavior described by Vulture perfectly fits the stereotype that so many people have about Porsche owners.

Quick Reply: Funny parking lot story/rant