The 996-C4S saga.

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2002, 05:20 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts
Terrence

I'm in Glenview.

Been going to the Exchange since the mid 80s, although my Coupe was bought used from Motorwerks.

As to the other stuff, I don't have Kinesis wheels, just 18" tech wheels. No 996 - I'm a visitor on this board -- but always looking.

Going to Blackhawk tomorrow by chance?

M
Old 07-09-2002, 06:44 PM
T Hendricks
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mike -

Ahhh....Motorwerks. I have enjoyed many afternoons strolling through their lots and showrooms. I purchased and serviced a used '93 C2 through them a few years ago and when I sold that car I bought a '99 MB E430 Sport from them which currently serves as my daily driver.

Nickey Duax in MB service is outstanding and treats me the same as the guys at Napleton. Always arranges for a C series loaner or has a porter drive in from Barrington to pick-up/drop-off my car. Also, I know the gen. mgr. (Jim Hub) fairly well and have found him to be very customer focused.

Unfortunately, their new Porsche sales volume is not very high and, as a result, they suffer a bit on new car allocations. Hence my alignment with Napleton with respect to Porsche cars.

As for tomorrow, I will out at Rolling Green CC with clients in the morning and then will be heading down to Napleton to swap the Boxster loaner for my C4S. I'm looking forward to seeing the results of the new painted console and aluminum shifter.

Maybe our paths will cross at another local event.

Regards.

Terrence
Old 07-09-2002, 06:48 PM
Rob in WA
Cap'n Insane the Engorged
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
FWIW I've been given an Audi S4 and an S8 while my while my car was in.

Quick Reply: The 996-C4S saga.