996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

One major weakness with 996 is...

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 01:13 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

My hips are too wide, my back is too tall and my shoulders are too wide (I'm 6'4" and built like a skinny lineman - 260lbs) for the GT3 seats. I'd have to bolt it directly to the floor for my head to clear with a helmet.

I wanted them but cannot.

One of the seat manufacturers makes a seat for us larger people with bigger ***** but I'm not so sure I want to lose my power heated seats.
Old 04-22-2006, 01:22 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
My hips are too wide, my back is too tall and my shoulders are too wide (I'm 6'4" and built like a skinny lineman - 260lbs) for the GT3 seats. I'd have to bolt it directly to the floor for my head to clear with a helmet.

I wanted them but cannot.

One of the seat manufacturers makes a seat for us larger people with bigger ***** but I'm not so sure I want to lose my power heated seats.
Sparco EVO II or is it III are made wider and very good seat for around $600. But of course they are not meant for daily driving.

Last edited by Carrera Mike; 04-23-2006 at 09:04 AM.
Old 04-22-2006, 01:24 PM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

merlinespike....see I didn't think about that....I am called an a hol by her all the time and inconsiderate, but I guess I am not!!
Old 04-23-2006, 05:31 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Eli K
Alex, thanks for a refreshing post. I don't think many took it as a "promotion".
Thanks Eli! Glad you saw it for what it was. Yeps we do a lot of different thing to 996/997s but it really hit home that last week doing 3 sets of GT3 seats and then listening to the customer feedback again. We had already done all of the power, suspension etc.. mods and yes they were very happy with that but they felt the seats really let them be comfortable and more able to drive the cars hard...

The GT3 seat isn't a "real" racing seat, I mean it's too heavy and actually more comfortable than a "real" racing seat (yes it really is) but I like the compromise/balance they provide. And then there's the "other" weakness of ALL 996 (especially the TT) and 997s being the weight. At least the seats get rid of some!

Quick Reply: One major weakness with 996 is...