Sponsored by:

ot: Porsche "Designed" Fitness machine

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2002, 11:15 PM
Scott5
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ot: Porsche "Designed" Fitness machine

What's the inside scoop on "Porsche Designed" endorsments? I know Porsche was involved in the design of several items including a Bike and a Watch, but I'm now looking at an Elliptical Trainer called the "Smooth CE Elliptical."

It is apparently made in Germany and is sold under the headline "Design by Porsche."

I'd have to buy it sight unseen via mail-order. This worries me because elliptical trainers are all of the board in terms of quality. The only think that's keeping my interest is the Porsche Connection.

The question is - does it sound ligit and even if it is, does it really mean anything?

Thanks
Old 09-19-2002, 10:32 AM
Dranon
Rennlist Member

Received 210 Likes on 142 Posts
Talking

Here it is
<a href="http://www.smoothfitness.com/products/models_ellipticals.htm" target="_blank">http://www.smoothfitness.com/products/models_ellipticals.htm</a>
Old 09-19-2002, 10:48 AM
Scott5
Instructor

Thanks Dranon,

That site is where my wife saw it; they appear to the exclusive importer. My challange is convincing myself to buy it without trying it - should the "design by Porsche" help me commit?
Old 09-19-2002, 11:13 AM
Andreas.
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red face

Hello guys,
Small question: why you don't get a real bicycle, then you get outside!!? Ther are also Porsche bicycles so !just my 0.2$

You can get motivate by.. Lance Armstrong !
Old 09-19-2002, 11:29 AM
Othello
Instructor

Jogging memory banks here and I could be completely wrong but I don't think that the "Porsche design" products - watches, sunglasses, etc. have anything to do with Porsche the car company. I think it was a Porsche relative (Grandson?)that created the design firm and taking maximum advantage of the association.
Old 09-19-2002, 12:41 PM
Back-n-Black
Instructor

Talking

I don't know about the relationship between Porsche Cars and Porsche Design, but I was given a Porshe Design pen that is made from a braided Porsche brake line. The pen is actually made by A.W. Faber-Castell GMBH & CO, Nürnberg. Nice construction and rather unique. At least it won't snap like a Monte-Blanc when you leave it in your pocket!

Quick Reply: ot: Porsche "Designed" Fitness machine