996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

996 parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006 | 02:12 PM
smshirk
Three Wheelin'

Default 996 parts

I have $5 to 10k worth of 996/986 parts in my basement. i was going to go into the ebay business, but found out it was too much hassle. I have a lot of interior parts, wheels, center caps, upgrade-mod type stuff. I will let most of this stiuff go for less than I have in it just to get the basement cleaned out. My wife is sick of it. I especially have a lot of parts that I instended to pant body color and never did it. I even have some of the porsche paint.. If any of you guys that do this as a business want to make a bulk purchase, I will come up with a list. Wheel sets, single wheels, some used tires with great tread, etc. I haven't inventoried what I have left, so if you have needs, PM me and I will see what I can do. This post may get moved, but I can assure everyone I am not not trying to turn a profit, but will save any Rennlister money on anything I have.
Old 04-09-2006 | 02:16 PM
Fro
Instructor

Hi -
I am looking for a pre-face lift turbo front bumper for a good price.
Thanks,
Gregg
Old 04-09-2006 | 02:19 PM
smshirk
Three Wheelin'

I don't have one this minute but I am about to buy an aero1 bumper for MY2000. The one on my car is fine, minus the bug stuff and some wax around the rubber. Once I get my aero bumper installed, i will let you have it at whatever price you deem fair....no dickering, you just tell me what you think is a fair price
Old 04-09-2006 | 02:49 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Maybe a list and/or pics would be VERY helpful to the mod vultures here. With at the very least a list of items you have you will be very surprised how many are gone the first day!
Old 04-09-2006 | 03:14 PM
smshirk
Three Wheelin'

I know you are right. I had all of them itemized with pictures and lost my hard drive and have never gotten around to doing it again. Right now, my mother is going through lung cancr and i am on the road just about every week back and forth from GA to TN and don't have much time. I need to take a weekend and do some serious organization with all this stuff. This is the first weekend I've been home in two months and that's only because i was up in TN all week. Our house is about to close and I need to sell this stuff before moving or pay someone to move it. The thing is I probably won't have enough room to keep it as we are doing a major downsize. Right now I have a 2500 sq foot basement and it's not really in my way, but my wife says it must go, especially all the wheels and tires. I have 6 to 10 ebrakes, a slew of upper consoles, some lower center consoles, probably a hundred center caps of various styles, wood grain interior parts, a whole box of shift *****, door hardware, even a couple of bird automotive center consoles, one of which is brand new still in the box. Some used stuff, for the mosr part in ery vgood shape. factory chrome turbo twist technology wheels, some single wheels of various offsets, floor mats, an entire black carpet set for 996 front, bank, and side pieces. arctic silver drivers side mirror, very good shape. I also have a lot of 968 parts, including both outside mirrors for those 844 guys wanting to upgrade. That is just the stuff i can recall off the top of my head.
Old 04-09-2006 | 03:16 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

i demand a list!
Seriously, if anything catches my fancy, you can expect a PM very shortly if the price is right.
Old 04-09-2006 | 03:25 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

HOLY CRAP!!!! That is a lot of parts. And here I thought Paul was selling alot when he put his car up for sale. Sounds like you need to open up a store
Old 04-09-2006 | 03:26 PM
smshirk
Three Wheelin'

I've also been trying to give away a targa top for a 914 I've had no takers from the 914 board, which just blows me away that no one wants it. free for pick up, but shipping would be expensive I suppose. still there are plenty of 914 owners around atlanta and theres nothing wront with it. although the hardware doesn't look great, it works.
Old 04-09-2006 | 03:35 PM
smshirk
Three Wheelin'

I was doing the ebay thing for awhike, but there are a bunch of real jerks out there buying on ebay. All of my auctions said no questions asked returns for 30 days and buyers remorse is much more prevalent than I would have ever believed. I got tired of dealing with it and I just decided to do it for fun, not income. I thought it would be a neat way to pay for the mods I wanted to do. I lost my you know what, both buying and selling, but I came to understand why so many ebay sellers say no returns. The painting of parts I did was not up to the quality of Erics stuff, but better than that guy in CA who paints everything with Walmart spary cans. A lot of the stuff i did I ended up painting it 4 or 5 times before I was satisfied. That is a losing proposition and after a few months my wife had had enough. my ebay ID is ymkmkrz, although all of my sales are well beyond being able to see the items, you can see my overall feedback
Old 04-09-2006 | 04:52 PM
kilrgt
Drifting

Get a detailed list, you will sell it here. I am interested in anything Carbon Fiber, and the black carpet.
Old 04-09-2006 | 05:39 PM
Duffs4
Instructor

Lookin' for a nice set of tips for an '01.
Old 04-09-2006 | 05:44 PM
stanm5
Racer

I'm looking for a turbo style aluminum shifter with a metropol blue boot. Got one of those?
I'm also looking for MK2 flared rockers.
Cheers,
Stan
Old 04-09-2006 | 06:11 PM
DHinkle
Rennlist Member

Have any carbon fiber things?
Old 04-09-2006 | 07:09 PM
jedier
Instructor

Here's my current list of WTBs. All are for my 00 C2 cab:
- tips (e.g., tequipment)
- turbo front bumper
- side skirts (e.g., aerokit carrera or cup)
- Litronics
Old 04-09-2006 | 07:17 PM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Do you have anything for the exhaust? I'm right around the corner in Alpharetta.

Quick Reply: 996 parts