996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

TechArt rubbing issues!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 10:01 AM
kilrgt
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

If you take some metal out of those rims, they still wont fit, and then you wont be able to sell them, the 285 rear tire is not going to make enough difference. Bite the bullet and order 2 new rears, I know this is not what you want, but its what you will need to do. I have played around with many different rims and offsets for my C2( some think I have a rim fetish) .Techart is a great wheel for our cars , but I would not want to play around with them you need at least 10 mm off to make that rim work.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:29 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by kilrgt
If you take some metal out of those rims, they still wont fit, and then you wont be able to sell them, the 285 rear tire is not going to make enough difference. Bite the bullet and order 2 new rears, I know this is not what you want, but its what you will need to do. I have played around with many different rims and offsets for my C2 (some think I have a rim fetish) .Techart is a great wheel for our cars , but I would not want to play around with them you need at least 10 mm off to make that rim work.
Now that's the understatement of the year!!!

Quick Reply: TechArt rubbing issues!