Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

AMS Presents Recaro Seats for 996/996TT on sale!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 05:38 PM
Daniel@AdvancedMotorsport.com
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by troppo
What is the weight on these?
Troppo,

Which seats are you curious about?

-daniel
Old 05-15-2006, 04:46 PM
Advanced

Exclamation Pole Positions on 996

FYI: Just wanted to let you know about a recent install we did on a 996 with the PP's.

The PP's using factory Recaro Brackets and Adapter/Slider bars sit higher than the stock seats, even at the lowests bracket settings. To some drivers, this will be a dangerous configuration and I would not suggest purchasing PP's unless you can go to a shop which will install them for you to sit in them in your car WITH your helmet on.

A fellow Rennlist'er named John (who is 6'3") was patient enough for us to try multiple configurations with different brackets on his 996. (big thanks again John! ). Unfortunately we could create any setup which will fit his needs; in worse case scenerios his helmet was touching the roof and his knees were grazing the steering wheel.

I believe if you bolted the seat directly to the chassis floor (in a full time track car) you can alleviate the height issue.

Just a head's up for everyone who wants to get the PP for a weekend tracker.
Old 05-19-2006, 06:54 PM
Larry Harris
Burning Brakes

Daniel.
Please PM prices on the Furious seats in black. I have a 05 GT3. Need the mounts too.

Larry_19538@msn.com
Old 05-19-2006, 07:05 PM
Advanced

PM Sent.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:06 PM
smshirk
Three Wheelin'

Can you email me with price list? smshirk@bellsouth.net

Thanks
Steve
Old 05-26-2006, 03:20 AM
newport996
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interested in seat options for my 996 cab....do these have power sliders available? I am interested in the Style and Sport topline...with heating and cooling....I am commuting 2 hours a day and want something very comfortable. Looking for an upgrade to the Porsche comfort seat full power with lumbar supports....thx...I am local as well so I may come by your shop and try out the ones in your showroom.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:33 PM
JPS
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Would you extend the offer to 993 guys as well? Also, is it possible to do custom colors with Porsche leather in the Toplines?
Old 05-26-2006, 03:38 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by newport996
Interested in seat options for my 996 cab....do these have power sliders available? I am interested in the Style and Sport topline...with heating and cooling....I am commuting 2 hours a day and want something very comfortable. Looking for an upgrade to the Porsche comfort seat full power with lumbar supports....thx...I am local as well so I may come by your shop and try out the ones in your showroom.
Hi!

If you are local I suggest stopping by the showroom! Thanks!
Old 05-26-2006, 03:39 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by JPS
Would you extend the offer to 993 guys as well? Also, is it possible to do custom colors with Porsche leather in the Toplines?
Ofcourse! PM Sent!
Old 06-02-2006, 05:44 PM
NNH
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Daniel@AdvancedMotorsport.com
FYI: Just wanted to let you know about a recent install we did on a 996 with the PP's.

The PP's using factory Recaro Brackets and Adapter/Slider bars sit higher than the stock seats, even at the lowests bracket settings. To some drivers, this will be a dangerous configuration and I would not suggest purchasing PP's unless you can go to a shop which will install them for you to sit in them in your car WITH your helmet on.

A fellow Rennlist'er named John (who is 6'3") was patient enough for us to try multiple configurations with different brackets on his 996. (big thanks again John! ). Unfortunately we could create any setup which will fit his needs; in worse case scenerios his helmet was touching the roof and his knees were grazing the steering wheel.

I believe if you bolted the seat directly to the chassis floor (in a full time track car) you can alleviate the height issue.

Just a head's up for everyone who wants to get the PP for a weekend tracker.

Daniel
Do you have any alternative ideas/products for us tall guys who like to track our 996s?
Simon
Old 06-02-2006, 05:50 PM
Advanced

Simon,

In regards to Racing Shells:
I would suggest trying to get GT3's which sit lower or if you track your car ALOT i would suggest bolting down the sidemount directly to the floor of your car. Most full time race cars bolt it down to the floor.

For Sport seats:

The Speed (the successor to the SRD setas) are djustable 4 PT or 5 PT seats that do not need a sidemount so will sit about 2 inches lower then Racing shells. They will also be more adjustable because they have tilt functionality in additional to back/forward movement.

Only concern I have with the Speed seats are that they might not fit in the 996's.

-daniel
Old 06-02-2006, 06:19 PM
NNH
Burning Brakes

Hi Daniel, your PM box seems to be full
The Speed seats might be an interesting alternative to GT3 seats for me. A dual purpose seat that can take a 5/6-point harness would be useful, and at 6'4", the lower installation is handy.

Could you let me know how much 2 Speeds plus installation would be on a 996? If you're interested in experimenting with getting a workable solution for tall drivers, I'd be very happy to spend a Saturday with you seeing what we can work out.
Simon
Old 06-02-2006, 07:42 PM
Advanced

Hey Simon,

Sorry about that. Just cleaned up my mailbox.

You can come into our showroom (we are open from Tues - Sat) and sit in our display model Speed seats to see if you think its a good fit. (Since you are in SoCal)

Without taking anything from your car we can try some measurements also.

Let me know!

-daniel

Quick Reply: AMS Presents Recaro Seats for 996/996TT on sale!