Sponsored by:

GT3 swaybars?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2002, 10:25 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 217 Posts
Post GT3 swaybars?

Hi there and good day!! I need advice on those who had it installed and if they make a world of difference on the track. Also would I have to change the stock suspension to go with the swaybar because having a new supension would make it too stiff to the point my wife won't like it and I know there are adjustable's out there but it gets expensive doing that. What retailer would you recommend and how much would the swaybars go for? Thanks in advance. Mike
Old 02-19-2002, 06:00 PM
Dan T.
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The sway bars will work on stock suspensions, but you would need adjustable drop links to reduce binding. Threaded body strut/shocks would be the best setup. The bar won't stiffen the ride, but will help reduce roll. The adjustability are mainly for controlling under/over steer, and not the ride.
Old 02-19-2002, 09:01 PM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

"The bar won't stiffen the ride,"

Except while cornering. BTW, my wife says the ride in my cab with coilovers is fine. A friend of mine said it's about as firm as his stock 996TT.
Old 02-20-2002, 05:43 PM
Dennis
Advanced

You could run the GT-3's with a stock suspension, its kinda a free upgrade in that ride will not change but the roll will be signifigantly reduced. The PROBLEM: The GT-3 sway bars alone wihtout a set of "matched" shocks will create signifigant tire lift in the corners and make the car unpredictable at the limit. The sways will act as springs in this case.

Dennis

Quick Reply: GT3 swaybars?