Group Buy Started for Custom Medal Pedals

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 05:31 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by 1 PGH 1
Thanks for including all of your mounting tips Tim, great suggestions......
You are welcome.
Old 03-02-2006, 06:33 PM
Glen McCartney
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 15 Posts

I just wanted to let you know what the interest has been, originally, when it was just posted on the 928 and 944 forums, I had 21 rennlisters who said that they would participate. Since it started, I posted on the 911, 993, Boxter, 996 and 997 forums. There have been orders from all the forums. I would think that we should top the 20+ with no problem. When you place the order, the receipt shows the full list price. Like the instructions say that is not charged, it doesn't reflect the group buy discount. I plan on speaking with Rob of Ultimate pedals 1-2 days before the buy will end to get an idea of how many participated. Also, when you order, it would be great if you would post here so others can get an idea how amny oders have been placed.
Thanks,
Glen
Old 03-02-2006, 10:37 PM
delirium
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am pretty sure I am in. I just dont know whether to go with the shiney anti slip, or the frosted anti slip..... also concerned about the install.. grr
Old 03-02-2006, 10:55 PM
blk on blk
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

How will they know to include our order in the group buy discount? I would like some of these for sure, but want to make sure I get credit for the discount.
Old 03-03-2006, 01:49 AM
arenared
Burning Brakes

Glen, do you have any pics of PORSCHE or crest engravings and know the price?

Anyone, it looks like the screws would go into any of the holes, but what about if you have the rubber nibs? Does it then look stupid? Any installed pics would be appreciated from those who have them already.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:49 AM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by arenared
Glen, do you have any pics of PORSCHE or crest engravings and know the price?

Anyone, it looks like the screws would go into any of the holes, but what about if you have the rubber nibs? Does it then look stupid? Any installed pics would be appreciated from those who have them already.
The pedals in pic below are NOT from Ultimate Pedals. I do not have the rubber inserts, and if you look closely you can see where the screw or bolt hears are located. FYI
Attached Images   
Old 03-03-2006, 08:42 AM
Idocdes
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Glen McCartney
I started a group buy on custom medal pedals from Ultimate Pedals in the 944 and 928 Forums. Any model can participate and get the discount offered by Ultimate Pedals. It has been approved by John D. The buy started today and closes 3/17/2006.

Here are the links to the threads on the other forums:
944 Forum
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...68#post2846068

928 Forum
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...65#post2846065

Here is the instructions on how to participate in the buy:
Ultimate Pedals would like to offer a Porsche Rennlist group buy.

They are a machine shop in Southern Florida and have a line of racing pedals that they design/manufacture in house.

They custom make every order so customization is no problem.

In additional to pedals made specifically for your vehicle, they offer logo/crest/emblem pocketing, custom engraving, heel toe gas pedal extensions, heelguards, door sills, ete.

(This is going to be quite long, but for some of you this is your first GB so I am going to explain it all very thoroughly)

They can offer the following discounts:

1) 25% off if we get 5-9 orders
2) 30% off if we get 10-19 orders
3) 35% off if we get 20+ orders.

(pedal order minimum definition is a gas and brake or brake/clutch pedals)

They offer a no questions asked moneyback guaranteed if you are not satisfied with the fit or finish.

Other forum members really enjoy the product.

Now down to the nitty gritty

Having three (3) letters or numbers engraved is an extra $10 per pedal...Having a logo/crest/emblem pocket is an extra $10, having a custom logo engraved is an extra $15 to $25 (depending on the complexity of the engraving) per pedal.

The pedals will have the discount, any engravings/pocketing will not.

The engravings look like what you would see on the back of a watch or inside a ring NO COLOR IN THE ENGRAVING, it is just an engraving.

You can view engraving examples at the following link (scroll down to the bottom of the page):

http://www.ultimatepedals.com/pedal.htm

The group buy will be active as of 3/1/2006, and the last day for ordering is 3/17/2006.

The items will be shipped 3 to 5 working days after the group buy ends. (All pieces have to be custom made and depending on how many orders it may be 5 but we are shooting for 3.)

Shipping charges are typically ~$12 (UPS Ground within the Continental US).

So now that all that stuff is done, How do I get my Discount?

Preferably, if you have a pretty straight forward order, please use their website.

Their Porsche line can be viewed here:

http://www.ultimatepedals.com/catalo....php?cPath=135

Specify your vehicle, the Porsche Rennlist group buy, as well as any engraving/pocketing options during the checkout process when you are asked to indicate year, make, and model.

If you don't mention the Rennlist group buy you'll get your pedals quickly, but not discounted.

Also, with the website you wonít see the discount automatically, and you will get a confirmation email pretty quickly. That email will not have the discount applied to it, DONT WORRY....You are not charged until the items are shipped, and the set up of our software cannot compute a discount, it has to be manually accounted for. So when the items are ready to be shipped, you will get two more emails. The first email will be from our merchant bank and will let you know that your card has been charged the discounted price.

The second e-mail will be from UPS Quantum View (for the US orders) with your orderís tracking number.

You can also call them, please try to use their website unless you really hate internet shopping or you have a custom order, it takes up a lot of manpower to answer questions by phone.

Please post any questions in this thread, I will answer questions as quickly as possible.

I should point out ultimatepedals.com is not a Porsche product, but hey neither is Rennlist, so its all good.

Sorry for the very lengthy instructions, but I hate when there is not enough info.

Also PLEASE POST WHEN YOU HAVE MADE AN ORDER, AND JUST SAY HOW MANY PIECES YOU ORDERED (1, 4, ETC ETC).
Any idea of current order count/diso**** as of now?
Old 03-03-2006, 08:45 AM
Idocdes
Rennlist Member

Glenn,
Any idea of current order/discount count?

Gotta911,
Thanks for the info. I take it you like the pedals? Any pros vs cons?
Old 03-03-2006, 08:58 AM
Glen McCartney
Rennlist Member

Blk on Blk, when you order, in the vehicle information comment you have to state the this order is part of the Porsche rennlist group buy, that is how Rob knows to discount. The email reacipt when you place the order doesn't reflect the group buy discount, it will be applied once the group buy closes.

Arenared, it is $10 for the pocket to be macined for the crest, they include the Porsche PN for the crest and epoxy and instructions (I do not know the price of the crest), and engravings are $10 per engraving. These options are not discounted. The only pics of engravings are on their web site under pedal options tab.

Idocdes, I think the current count is between 5 and 10, I will try to call Rob today to see what the count is. Like I said in an earlier post, there was alot of interest when just posted to the 944 and 928 forums, the 911, 993, 996,997 and Boxter forums are adding to it. I would think we would get more then the 20 for the maximum discount.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:00 AM
Glen McCartney
Rennlist Member

Their ad in Panorama pictures the pedal with the Porshe crest.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:03 PM
slaaw
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Submitted order - with footrest option.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:14 AM
Glen McCartney
Rennlist Member

Currently, I count 13 orders that have been placed, just by people posting on the various forums that they have place order. I have names of 18 more who responded to the original post that they were interested, but I do not know if they placed orders yet. If they do, we will get the max discount. At current numbers the discount is 30%. If you place an order, please post here so I can keep track of how many orders are placed.
I will speak with Ultimate pedals next week to see if they have a different count. I will also inquire about the part number for the Porsche crest for those interested in ading the crest to their pedals.
Glen
Old 03-05-2006, 09:22 AM
Idocdes
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gota911
The pedals in pic below are NOT from Ultimate Pedals. I do not have the rubber inserts, and if you look closely you can see where the screw or bolt hears are located. FYI
Are your pedals OEM?

Been shopping this out a little Ulimtate Pedals seems to have an excellent assortment. Just trying to figure out which would be best...
Old 03-05-2006, 10:24 AM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Idocdes
Are your pedals OEM?

Been shopping this out a little Ulimtate Pedals seems to have an excellent assortment. Just trying to figure out which would be best...
Idocdes - I am pretty sure that my pedals are not OEM. In fact, except for the footrest pedal, I am not certain that Porsche even offers aluminum OEM pedals, but I could be mistaken. As a cost comparison, the Porsche footrest pedal for the 997 is $250, which is way over priced, IMO.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I really like the Ultimate Pedals, but at the regular price, I just could not justify the additional cost. If I did not already have my pedals, I would have been the first one to order them at this "group buy" pricing. Again, I have no affiliation with Ultimate Pedals.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:59 AM
Idocdes
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gota911
Idocdes - I am pretty sure that my pedals are not OEM. In fact, except for the footrest pedal, I am not certain that Porsche even offers aluminum OEM pedals, but I could be mistaken. As a cost comparison, the Porsche footrest pedal for the 997 is $250, which is way over priced, IMO.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I really like the Ultimate Pedals, but at the regular price, I just could not justify the additional cost. If I did not already have my pedals, I would have been the first one to order them at this "group buy" pricing. Again, I have no affiliation with Ultimate Pedals.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Reason I asked; is you have PORSCHE scripted in black, which I like, it seems Ultimate only does "etching" which created a box within the pedal. Not sure how much I will like that. other option is to go plain...

Quick Reply: Group Buy Started for Custom Medal Pedals