996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

newbie 996 cab questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 01:10 PM
thewump
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some hardtop pics if you are interested..

http://community.webshots.com/album/506666289ZEuSnn

Although it now lives in the garage, and it's winter here - so if I didn't have it I wouldn't miss it.

Carseat:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ight=childseat

Keith
Old 03-04-2006, 05:51 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Cab is a far more practical car than the BoxsterS.
If you have more than one passenger frequently the roadster will make your life harder.

If you can live with only two seats the BoxsterS in addition to giving you top down fun is an excellent choice for track and autocross. The difference in having your engine behind the seats or behind the rear wheels is HUGE. Its up to the driver to choose which is preferred.

Roadsters are in their own category. To me its kind of like saying should I get an S2000 or an Audi S4 or a BMW 645 convertible. All three have very different purposes and handling qualities. You have to choose which use you will have the most need for and choose based on that.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:51 PM
racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all the feedback! I really like the BoxsterS but would enjoy the larger interior for the occasional child use. I've had a 911 Coupe for years, but with the rollbar in and the other track goodies, it hardly sees street time or little ones. I thought a Cab would make the best "compromise" car for my needs.

Quick Reply: newbie 996 cab questions