996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Recaro Pole Positions in a 996 anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 05:04 PM
bnewport
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recaro Pole Positions in a 996 anyone?

Having a lot of trouble with this. I'm currently using Porsche manual sliders, BK 907x seat mounts and Recaro Polepositions. The seat is really high in the car. The stock seat belt isn't usuable as the tunnel side receptable is positioned poorly. I also can't use a harness lapbelt as I run out of lap belt when tightening it.

I can't get pictures to work so you can see a seat shot here: http://www.devwebsphere.com/porsche/...osition_i.html

any ideas?
Old 02-27-2006, 05:10 PM
gharold
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I understand your issue. At 6'7" I need to be as low as possible. I would ditch the sliders, mount the seat in the right position for you and move on. In my case the seat is mounted as low and as far back as possible. It is a Kirkey seat not a Recaro. Let me know if you need more info.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:47 PM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

I had to mount mine to the floor. I'm only 6'1" but I need enough headroom to attach a cold air hose to the top of my helmet. Forget the sliders.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:00 PM
bnewport
Racer

How did you attach the seat to the floor? The stock points with an adapter?
Old 02-28-2006, 01:55 AM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bnewport
Having a lot of trouble with this. I'm currently using Porsche manual sliders, BK 907x seat mounts and Recaro Polepositions. The seat is really high in the car. The stock seat belt isn't usuable as the tunnel side receptable is positioned poorly. I also can't use a harness lapbelt as I run out of lap belt when tightening it.

I can't get pictures to work so you can see a seat shot here: http://www.devwebsphere.com/porsche/...osition_i.html

any ideas?

drill some more holes into the rear mount holes. there is at least 2 inches of space beneath the seat. one thing to look out for is that the rail bolts may interfere with the seats. no problem... they can be shortened as they are a little long.

doing this will also raise the stock buckle, making it more useable.

EDIT: errrr... scratch what i said. i just checked the spcae underneath and the slider bar mechanism interferes with the seat bottom.

Last edited by karlooz; 02-28-2006 at 09:45 PM.

Quick Reply: Recaro Pole Positions in a 996 anyone?