Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 12:44 PM
Robin 993DX
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Question for passenger airbag deactivation bar

Hi guys,

Installed the Porsche passenger airbag deactivation bar recently. The airbag warning light stays on no matter what. I do have the correct buckle that plugs into the plug, either pluged in or not the airbag warning light is constantly on.

Any ideas?

TIA
Old 02-27-2006, 01:02 PM
Kims996Cab
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Robin 993DX
Hi guys,

Installed the Porsche passenger airbag deactivation bar recently. The airbag warning light stays on no matter what. I do have the correct buckle that plugs into the plug, either pluged in or not the airbag warning light is constantly on.
Any ideas?
TIA
If you turned on your ignition key while any of the underseat wiring was unplugged, the result will be a fault & warning light and the necessity for reset with the PST2.

If you performed the installation flawlessly (no key turned on) but have not yet had the central computer informed of such (using the PST2), then the airbag light will be on. The last step in the installation is to hook up the PTS2 and go through the menu driven selections to change the Child Seat Occupancy selection from "Not Active" to "Active".

Its all detailed in the TSB 6923 dated 3/5/99.

Took my indy mechanic (God bless him) about 5 minutes, no charge.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:07 PM
Robin 993DX
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Kim,

Thanks for the input, I was seraching for a temporary solution before I had a chance to get the PST2 hook up. I was reading some information from a search on this subject. Someone was able to manually get the system to turn off the airbag warning light and deactivating the passenger side airbag without using the PST2. But unfortunately the procedures has to repeat itself every ignition cycle.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:59 PM
Nutbeem
Burning Brakes

Just had the dealer install the deactivation bar - when I plug in the buckle from the seat, the airbag light blinks at me for about 2 minutes, then goes off for the duration of my trip. I'm assuming that's correct, since it would make sense to remind the driver that the airbag is off, but not drive him insane with a light that never goes off...
Old 02-27-2006, 05:24 PM
Kims996Cab
Racer

Originally Posted by Nutbeem
Just had the dealer install the deactivation bar - when I plug in the buckle from the seat, the airbag light blinks at me for about 2 minutes, then goes off for the duration of my trip. I'm assuming that's correct, since it would make sense to remind the driver that the airbag is off, but not drive him insane with a light that never goes off...
The TSB calls for the airbag light to flash at 1 Hz for 60 seconds (originally, 10 seconds but that clearly wasn't long enough) to signal the driver that the passenger airbag has been deactivated.

I've trained my 4 yr old granddaughter ( a daily rider) to check for this after I start the car .... as I have long since passed the point where I could remember such a task.

Quick Reply: Question for passenger airbag deactivation bar