996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Really Bad Experience with Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 02:52 PM
4s
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Vancouver83- What point could the dealership have? I don't know what kind of business your in but customer service and keeping your customers happy is one of the first rules of business. If what your selling isn't what the customer believes it to be then your going to have very unhappy customers looking to do business with someone else. Nobody wants to be taken or felt like they've been ripped off. The dealers do inspections on the cars before they take them in. They know what kind of room there will be on price. They set the price for the cars they sell. You would hope/think that a Porsche dealer isn't going to cut corners on the inspection, but they do.
I know one thing I will never buy another car from Newport Auto again. And if you think that they were right to cut some corners and save a few bucks, then you have no idea. Look at the big picture of things. How many more cars do you think I'll buy in my lifetime or my friends. Do you think I'll recommend them to anyone? Not a chance. Save a few bucks today or make a lot more bucks over time? No Brainer.
Old 04-11-2006, 03:03 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

IIRC, I thought Vancouver is a teenager in high school. In all seriousness, I'm not flaming him, just recalling what stated some time back when asked. Remember all the pics of his young female friends ???
Old 04-11-2006, 03:21 PM
DonW-Cape Cod
R.I.P.
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

That sucks!

I assume you got your $500 deposit back??

I also think it would be a good idea to report this to PCNA. It's too bad you werren't able to take any images. I always carry my pocket digital camera with me. Hope you have the VIN # to include with your complaint. Otherwise it might become your word against theirs.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:55 PM
cetro
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cab, is this the car?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-tu...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 04-11-2006, 09:15 PM
cab2u
Intermediate

Yes, that is the car. Don Rosen wholesaled it to them. My favorite part of the post (although I love the entire post) is :

This extremely well maintained, low mileage vehicle really is in Excellent condition. I stress this! What else could you ask for in a sports car. This vehicle has it all! This car is in the finest of condition. It has a clear title. It literally looks new inside and out.. The paint shines like the day it was brought off the line. You won't find one looks better (even in a showroom). Please feel assured that your vehicle will arrive to you as it has been described here on the internet.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:45 PM
smshirk
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by gravedgr
Considering the cost of a dealer PPI is fairly insignificant, why would you have it done by an independent? It would seem to me that if a dealer did a PPI and something turned up later (especially something the PPI should have caught), you have more leverage with PCNA should you choose to pursue that route.

Am I missing something? I can't imagine going outside my dealer network for anything but basic work (i.e. non-critical items), and only for cost.
I would never let a dealer touch any of my cars unless they were doing it for free. Just a matter of ones past experience and perspective.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:53 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Declare a jihad?!?
Old 04-11-2006, 11:18 PM
C4CRNA
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Carfax is bull**** and dealers lie!!! Buyer beware.Some schmuck will buy it.
Old 04-12-2006, 01:33 PM
4s
Instructor

Thanks Dell- I was thinking that but didn't want to offend him if I was wrong. Missed the earlier posts.
Old 05-05-2006, 04:10 PM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Amazing story. I've been very happy with Brandywine for new car purchase and warranty work. Hope the situation at DR improves.

Quick Reply: Really Bad Experience with Dealer