Sponsored by:

A ding!!!!!! Aaaaaaaarghhhhh!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 01:40 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts
Default A ding!!!!!! Aaaaaaaarghhhhh!!!

Been taking out the car even though it's cold. I just couldn't let the car sit out until spring, what with the new suspension.

Noticed a ding right at the top of the rear wheel well, at the lip. Some brainless A#@*#le just could not control their door. Aaaaaaaaargh!!!!! Multiple DE's, and not a mark. Some idiot in a parking lot. Maybe I'm the idiot for parking where it can get dinged.

It's just a car. It's just a car. Deep breath. It's just a car. Aaaaaaaarghhhhh!!!
Old 02-21-2006, 02:13 PM
ZX9RCAM
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Palting

It's just a car. It's just a car. Deep breath. It's just a car. Aaaaaaaarghhhhh!!!
If only that worked.....the day after buying my car in Virginia, I hit "Tail of the Dragon" on the way home to Texas. I get to the top & go inside the shop & when I walk back to my car I see a rock ding almost the size of a dime in my drivers door where the paint got knocked off....
Old 02-21-2006, 02:17 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Palting - If the paint is undamaged, maybe the Dent DOctor or someone like that can get it out without harming the paint. Remember: It's just a car. It's just a car. Deep breath. Yessssss, it's just a car!
Old 02-21-2006, 02:47 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

We have had very good results with a local paintless dent removal company. They do all of the local Porsche dealer's work as well. Usually around 35 bucks a panel to go over and remove the dent/dents. It is pretty cool the dents that they can get out which you wouldn't think they could.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:52 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Same exact thing just happened to me, scrape and a small dent right where the rear bumper meets the quarter panel. What a pain in the ***.
Attached Images  
Old 02-21-2006, 03:34 PM
munro86
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No it ain't JUST a car-its a work of art!
Old 02-21-2006, 04:05 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

Thanks, guys. Just had to rant. The local Porsche dealership has no connection with the paintless dent removal peple, but the local Dodge dealer does. Isn't that weird? Pobably has to do with trucks that do double duty as work and fancy vehicles.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:45 PM
Ucube
Three Wheelin'

Sorry to hear that, dents from inconsiderate folks drive me nuts too.

We have had very good results with a local paintless dent removal company. They do all of the local Porsche dealer's work as well. Usually around 35 bucks a panel to go over and remove the dent/dents. It is pretty cool the dents that they can get out which you wouldn't think they could.
$35 for a panel?! That's a great price! The paintless dent removal company at my local dealer quoted me $100 per dent. I've been resisting the urge to get jacked, but the 3 dents on mine are eating away at me -- one on the roof (dunno how it got there); one on the front driver side light arch (dunno either); and a ripple on the driver door.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:20 PM
jb26jb
Racer

price is usually for panel up to a certain amounts of dents in a panel. As most of the work is accessing the metal.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:30 AM
fast1
Race Car

Received 221 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Palting
Thanks, guys. Just had to rant. The local Porsche dealership has no connection with the paintless dent removal peple, but the local Dodge dealer does. Isn't that weird? Pobably has to do with trucks that do double duty as work and fancy vehicles.
If you schedule the appointment through a Dealer, they will add at least a $40 surcharge. You can schedule these appointments directly with the repair guy, and they will meet you at a mutually agreed upon location.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:00 AM
Idocdes
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by munro86
No it ain't JUST a car-its a work of art!
I agree
Old 02-22-2006, 10:09 AM
Fred R. C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 30 Posts

I once wrote a tongue in cheek article for our local PCA chapter. Now qouting from "Free Therapy for All 911 Drivers":

Rule #6: NO MATTER WHERE OR HOW YOU PARK, YOU WILL EVENTUALLY GET A DOOR DING! It’s only a matter of time. You may feel better to ding it yourself the first time and get it over with.

It probably took me 30 years of driving to learn this. Life became more enjoyable when I learned to take these little things in stride and move on. The Dent Doctor (aka Wizard) is worth every dollar. For more cost effective use of his service, you may wait until you have a few dings to remove.

Cheers,
Old 02-22-2006, 10:21 AM
Long Islander
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Sorry to hear about your ding. I had the wierdest ding on my car. When it was two years old, I noticed a very slight ding on TOP of the left rear wheel arch. No way it got dinged by someone's door. Either the car was delivered to me with the ding and I just never noticed, or a pine cone landed on it from the pine tree just outside my garage during one of the rare moments when I had the car parked there. I had it removed by the Porsche dealer's ding guy for $150. The paintless ding remove process is just wonderful.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:03 AM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Dropped my car off this morning to get the dent fixed. $650 to repair and repaint the quarter panel. I'm also having them refinish one of my rear rims that has some curb rash.

Without my baby for about a week.... arrrg!
Old 04-03-2006, 11:39 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by riad
Dropped my car off this morning to get the dent fixed. $650 to repair and repaint the quarter panel. I'm also having them refinish one of my rear rims that has some curb rash.

Without my baby for about a week.... arrrg!
OUCH! on the cost and... OUCH! OUCH! on not having your "beloved" around for a week.

Quick Reply: A ding!!!!!! Aaaaaaaarghhhhh!!!