996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Weekend Mod... Red Calipers... Pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 10:37 PM
kilrgt
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

OK thanks to those pics I am doing them this weekend. I just need to find that paint kit here is Canada. Thanks for the tips Tim!
** EDIT i just bought the decals online via e-bay**

Last edited by kilrgt; 02-19-2006 at 10:55 PM.
Old 02-20-2006, 01:21 PM
Nutbeem
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tim, they look great - post a pic when you have a chance, showing the body too - I'd like to see the contrast with the blue and red - I bet it looks sweet.
Old 02-20-2006, 01:26 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

what other colors does the dupli-color paint come in? i think i might do mine silver just to be different.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:08 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by DeAd-EyE
what other colors does the dupli-color paint come in? i think i might do mine silver just to be different.
They have red, yellow, black, silver, and blue. See the attached link. On the left side of the page, click on the caliper color you want to enlarge. FYI.

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/caliper.html
Old 02-20-2006, 06:26 PM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I recently did the mod..couple of weeks ago and have put about 1K mls on the P since...no flaking or chipping yet.....they still look great!!
Attached Images  
Old 02-20-2006, 07:52 PM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Nutbeem
Tim, they look great - post a pic when you have a chance, showing the body too - I'd like to see the contrast with the blue and red - I bet it looks sweet.
OK, here are a couple of additional pics. We had rain this weekend so the P-car is filthy.... lighting is bad... late evening pics. Sorry. I'll post better pics when the sun comes out again.
Attached Images     
Old 02-21-2006, 07:47 AM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks great on your P.....I think the red calipers are the best mods...
Old 02-21-2006, 01:27 PM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Ok, here are some better pics. I cleaned up the car and had sunlight.
Attached Images    
Old 02-22-2006, 11:29 AM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by kilrgt
OK thanks to those pics I am doing them this weekend. I just need to find that paint kit here is Canada. Thanks for the tips Tim!
** EDIT i just bought the decals online via e-bay**
Paul - Are you going to paint your calipers this weekend?
Old 02-22-2006, 11:38 AM
kilrgt
Drifting

Yes Tim and thanks for the showing how well yours turnout, I now have the confidance to complete the Job, any tips you may suggest.The car will be in my heated Garage even if its -20 outside its a balmy + 15 in my garage! Thanks
Old 03-03-2006, 09:59 PM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Yes Tim and thanks for the showing how well yours turnout, I now have the confidance to complete the Job, any tips you may suggest.The car will be in my heated Garage even if its -20 outside its a balmy + 15 in my garage! Thanks
Paul - Have you painted your calipers yet?
Old 03-03-2006, 10:22 PM
kilrgt
Drifting

I have the kit and I have the decals now, they just came in the mail today, I am thinking I will start in the morning(SAT). I will post pics once its done, I have some new wheels to put on as well, so I might wait and do it all at once. You did a great job tapeing the pads, cant even tell. Thanks for that I was going to get them powder coated but after seeing yours I know I dont have to!.A little off topic but i bought 2 decal kits one white and one mettalic silver whick ones ?? I am thinking silver what do you all think?
Old 03-03-2006, 10:40 PM
jedier
Instructor

I have the kit and I have the decals now, they just came in the mail today, I am thinking I will start in the morning(SAT). I will post pics once its done, I have some new wheels to put on as well, so I might wait and do it all at once. You did a great job tapeing the pads, cant even tell. Thanks for that I was going to get them powder coated but after seeing yours I know I dont have to!.A little off topic but i bought 2 decal kits one white and one mettalic silver whick ones ?? I am thinking silver what do you all think?
I got the white ones but almost bought the silver ones instead. I'd really be interested in seeing how they turn out, if you end up using them.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:42 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

IMHO: white if ur doing red calipers. the silver may just look too busy, not to mention not standing out as much. But whatever floats ur boat man! What rims did you get yet? (u should open up a porsche part museaum and charge all the honda guys 5$ to come by ur garage and drool).
Old 03-04-2006, 01:46 AM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Paul - You REALLY have become the Emelda Marcos of Porsche shoes! Can't wait to see the pics of your calipers and wheels. If you apply the logos using the dry method, you could put one white and one silver on the same side of the car (front & back) so you could then stand back and look at them both. After you decide which color you like better, you can peal the other one off and apply the color you want. I think the silver would look OK, but will probably not look as "clean" as the white.

Quick Reply: Weekend Mod... Red Calipers... Pics