Sponsored by:

K&N cold air intake update

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 10:55 AM
every day
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K&N cold air intake update

A while back I was contacted by K&N engineering because they wanted to design a cold air intake kit for the 996. I, along with some others, loaned them my car to do the design work on and wanted to give you an update. There's actually another thread that some people were asking questions about this on, but the title didn't reflect the actual topic so I'm duplicating my response to that thread with this post. Hope that made sense....

Here's an update on the original posting and some answers to your questions. I just spoke with Dino at K&N and the are very close to a final product. I have a dyno of my car stock and will get one with the product installed so I'll know exactly what it does or doesn't do. They told me that I'll be impressed so we'l see...

Chris 996 - the outcome is, as stated above, unknown at this point but sounds very positive

Chris Walrod - Yes, you can attend the dyno.

Calnca - They're not interested in any turbos yet. Once this project is done and they see the amount of interest, they may be. Feel free to contact Dino directly about this.

Nicolaasdb - At this point, I don't know how much they need other cars for testing so I can't say what you'd get for free. I would guess at least the dyno results and a filter, but can't say for sure. Dino is going to let me know what, if any, cars he wants to do before and after dynos with.

mdillian360 - No idea yet on price. They are located in Riverside, CA so no need for any cars in the midwest. Although, you may want to drive it out here for a vacation right about now.

Hope this helps, I'll post more info as it comes my way.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:07 AM
nycebo
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Thumbs up

Great post. When you post the dynos, please also remember to post a picture of the intake so we can check it out.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:56 PM
mdillian3690
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the response. Vacation sounds good about right now. What is ETA for the new product?

Quick Reply: K&N cold air intake update