996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Good Chicago Body Shop for Paint?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 10:09 PM
jdk1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Chicago Body Shop for Paint?

It appears that last night somebody backed into me in the parking garage. Possibly with a trailer hitch... The resulting damage is a gash (split) that goes all the way through the plastic on the front bumper. It is about 1 1/2" in length horizontally. It looks like it was pushed in by the hitch (?) and eventually split under pressure.

The garage attendant took a picture and filled out a claim report. They indicated that the garage's insurance company would contact me within ten business days.

Can anybody give me any advice in preparation for my conversation with their insurance company? Additionally, does anybody have any advice for a good body shop in Chicago? The car is a MY99 w/arctic silver paint. The bumper looks as if it can be repaired. However, I am almost certain that it will need to be sanded and repainted to do so properly.

Thanks,

Jeff
Old 02-19-2006, 10:17 PM
alevine
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

I have been quite happy with Rick's in Highland Park. They have fixed a number of my cars. If interested, pm me. I have a contact there that is a car buff and always takes great care of me and my friends.

Good luck.

Adam
Old 02-20-2006, 09:19 AM
Thegman
Banned

Jeff, This may be a little drive for you, but Accurate Autobody in Naperville does flawless work. They have done work on 2 of my previous P cars and the results were amazing. Tom, is the manager but his staff are very knowledgeable as well.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:37 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Add one more vote for Accurate Autobody. They fixed my Audi in the past and did a first rate job. The paint match was perfect!
Old 02-20-2006, 11:39 AM
jdk1
Instructor

I sincerely appreciate the replies! I am going to begin collecting bids today and will defiantly check out the two recommended shops. In the mean time, I snapped a few pictures of the bumper this morning in the garage.
Attached Images   
Old 02-20-2006, 04:31 PM
TCR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

O'hare auto body in bensenville. They offer a PCA discount and do great work

Quick Reply: Good Chicago Body Shop for Paint?