996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

best dealer in so. cal. & loner car?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 01:27 PM
delirium
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best dealer in so. cal. & loner car?

Which dealer is the best to get service from in So. Cal? I heard that Newport Porsche will puropsely "turn" stuff on your engine so that you will have to return to get more things fixed! I dont know if that is true or not, but I was told that before.

I have some warranty issues that I need to take my car in for. Will I get a loner car, im gonna need one!
Old 02-07-2006, 02:14 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't think any porsche dealer would do anything like you're suggesting, or they wouldn't be a porsche dealer for long. A loaner goes without saying, but I usually tell them ahead of time so they can have a p car loaner, or at least a rental available.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:32 PM
Fast40th
Burning Brakes

I have my car serviced at Circle Imports in Long Beach. They have treated me there in the most professional manner. They take their time to fix things, but so far they have done it right each time. They do provide a loaner car, it used to be Audi A6's or A4's, but now they provide rentals through Enterprise. Alberto Garcia or his boss Jeff Axxe are great service advisors. You can reach them @ 562-597-3663 or 800-675-2472.
Old 02-08-2006, 03:12 PM
4s
Instructor

I had the worst expierence at Newport auto. Don't go there. I was actually looking into Circle and was happy to see that someone else has had a good expierence there. As for a loaner they gave me a ford tauras while my c4s sat there for 2 weeks. "Turning" well when I got my car back the clutch seemed a lot softer than before??? I asked and he said it was a normal feel prob just used to the ford which by the way was an automatic. I will never go there again. Not even for an oil change. Funny thing I just scraped off their sticker on my windshield last night and took off their frame. Most satisfying sticker I have ever removed! I'm not going to advertise a dealership like that on my car!! Let me know how Circle goes. I'm sure they treat their customers better than Newport auto.
Old 02-08-2006, 03:38 PM
Robin 993DX
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I had a bad experience with Newport also. Charged me $450 for my A/C problem and all they did was telling me that the system was over charged. A/C/ still didn't work well afterwards.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:39 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

Yikes! My wifes Boxster is on a flat bed AS I WRITE THIS headed to Newport Imports. The bottom of her engine just fell out, literally! Oil everywhere. And, this is the second engine. The car only has 14K miles on it.. I guess I had better cross my fingers.

Oh, Newport just refused a loaner car. I am not happy already..
Old 02-08-2006, 04:57 PM
4s
Instructor

What year boxster? You bought it new from them? And they won't give you a loaner? Thats insane. I guess that answered my question about what a boxster owner gets as a loaner from them. NOTHING. I bought my car from them a couple of months ago and just had to have the ENTIRE ENGINE replaced after them saying there was nothing wrong with the car for the first month or so. Get your car back now and bring it to our new found friends at Circle. I also hear McKenna is good. I'll be driving up there just to meet the service manager and tell him how disappointed I was in NEWPORT AUTO and how I will be driving further just to come to him. I'm only 31 and NEWPORT AUTO has lost out on any chance of me ever buying another car from them. (which has been every couple of years or so) They felt it was better to have me upset with them than to how they say it "stand behind every car we sell." (which they did not).
Old 02-08-2006, 05:01 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

The car is an 03, and this is the reason for spending the extra money to get a later model for us to steer clear of these well documented problems of the earlier cars. We bought it used from a private party. I am praying for a happy result and to be treated fairly..
Old 02-08-2006, 06:28 PM
Fast40th
Burning Brakes

And I want to add that I didn't purchase my car at Circle Imports, and they sure treat me like I did. Do note that the first time I had to take my car in for warranty service I asked them to remove the original dealer plate frame and replace with one of Circle Imports. They sure got a chuckle out of that one, and kick started great rapport with them.
Old 02-08-2006, 06:39 PM
4s
Instructor

I know. Let us know what they say about it. Currious to hear what causes an engine to just drop out like that.
Old 02-08-2006, 06:49 PM
fahren affair
Pro

Originally Posted by delirium
Which dealer is the best to get service from in So. Cal? I heard that Newport Porsche will puropsely "turn" stuff on your engine so that you will have to return to get more things fixed! I dont know if that is true or not, but I was told that before.

I have some warranty issues that I need to take my car in for. Will I get a loner car, im gonna need one!
i would pass on newport auto centre (now power auto group?). i had $7k in work done in one visit. they gave me a pos dodge neon as a loaner and charged it back to me

never again.

pacific porsche had boxsters as loaners (still do?). you need to call around.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:02 PM
LiveNupe
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Anybody have any experience with the Rusnak store in Westlake and/or Pasadena?
Old 02-08-2006, 08:06 PM
Fast40th
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by fahren affair
pacific porsche had boxsters as loaners (still do?). you need to call around.
I also hear good things about Pacific Porsche. And their facility is extremely clean. Another fellow at my work takes his Boxster there for service. I can't say that about Circle right now... (in terms of looks). But do note that Circle is building a brand new top notch facility a few hundred feet from where they currently are, and boy will it be nice! (should open by Feb or March '06)
Old 02-08-2006, 11:28 PM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I take my P to an independed garage...in Huntingon Beach...they are called Pristine motors..only work on P's...don't if they are good or bad..had a 60K done and steering wheel replaced....P runs fine....didn't need a loaner..just walked home (300Yrds)... I had my keyfobs repaired at Circle and they called me after they couldn't reprogram but had to replace the fobs.....did they scam me?? Who knows...I hope not...they seemed professional and worked fast, I could wait for them. About Newport...they are arrogant a-holes (excuse me!) but they are....even the guy who sells parts has an attitude, like he own the place (making what??? 18K a year!!) I hate when employees try to treath you like s... They should be care freaks like us and happy to help you....
Old 02-09-2006, 01:18 AM
MasterMason11
Intermediate

I take my car to McKenna... Nice and Clean dealership and friendly service advisors.... They can also hhok you up on a loaner... sometimes...

Quick Reply: best dealer in so. cal. & loner car?