996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Smart Top/ Remote Top Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 05:09 AM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

and thanks Chris...I wish I had the time to drive a little more..I hardly have the time...and try to find any excuse to get the P out of the garage.

sorry for the seperate replies...but I just didn't pay attention
Old 02-11-2006, 11:51 PM
nycebo
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

DD, thanks for the group buy. It was awesome. Installed it today. It's freezing up here in the city and the blizzard is almost here, but it didn't stop me from driving the car up and down the road opening and closing the top to see how the SmartTop worked. Let's just say I had a ****-eating grin on my face the whole way. Cheap mod, but one of the best. And of course, it's going in the signature. Check it out...
Old 02-11-2006, 11:59 PM
pl
Drifting

Originally Posted by nycebo
DD, thanks for the group buy. It was awesome. Installed it today. It's freezing up here in the city and the blizzard is almost here, but it didn't stop me from driving the car up and down the road opening and closing the top to see how the SmartTop worked. Let's just say I had a ****-eating grin on my face the whole way. Cheap mod, but one of the best. And of course, it's going in the signature. Check it out...
i got mine yesterday. don't feel like to install them now.

did u get remote top as well?
Old 02-12-2006, 12:00 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

glad you guys are enjoying it. we bought 30 units as of the 9th. not too shabby for a group buy.
Old 02-12-2006, 12:18 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

i did both. they work great. i did disable all the safety features.
Old 02-12-2006, 12:24 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by deputydog95
glad you guys are enjoying it. we bought 30 units as of the 9th. not too shabby for a group buy.
Great job DD! That is many more units than we did when I did the last group buy...and mine was even better pricing! Obviously not due to me as much as them just selling for cheaper then than now. Go figure.
Old 02-12-2006, 12:37 PM
nycebo
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by pl
i got mine yesterday. don't feel like to install them now.

did u get remote top as well?
No, only the smarttop. Pl, it's pretty easy to do. My sticking point was a little different than everyone else's. Plugging the Wilhelmy module into the car's convertible top module took me a while (5 minutes) because I was overly concerned with bending a pin. Ultimately, it just slid right off. Let me know if you are concerned about doing it alone and I'd be happy to arrange something to help you out.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:45 PM
thewump
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GROUP BUY HAS BEEN EXTEDNED 1 WEEK.

Just got an email from Sven to say that the buy with promo code RLGB060201 has been extended until Friday. I very much appreciate that as due to travel I missed the original deadline!!!

Thanks again for organizating this DD

Best

Keith
Old 02-13-2006, 01:35 AM
Chris 996
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Installed both today.

Have on problem though and would appreciate some advice.
Here are the pictures. When the top is all the way open there is a space left behind. Does anyone know how to program the computer to close the space?
Thanks
Attached Images    
Old 02-13-2006, 01:46 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

That is totally normal. You probably never noticed it in the past. Rest assured this very question was asked during the last group buy and confirmed.

Now go enjoy that car!
Old 02-13-2006, 02:58 AM
Chris 996
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LVDell
That is totally normal. You probably never noticed it in the past. Rest assured this very question was asked during the last group buy and confirmed.

Now go enjoy that car!

Thank you!
Old 02-13-2006, 05:33 AM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

It is so funny....the first time someone mentioned the "gap" I thought wow that sucks...the next day I glanced at my P and saw I had the same "gap"..but then again it took me 33 year to find out my nose was crooked...and I staring at it everyday brushing my teeth!

About the smart top/remote top...LOVE IT...I also like it that the doors now lock when I start the P especially when my wife is slow and gets locked out!!
Old 02-13-2006, 07:06 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Nicolaasdb
It is so funny....the first time someone mentioned the "gap" I thought wow that sucks...the next day I glanced at my P and saw I had the same "gap"..but then again it took me 33 year to find out my nose was crooked...and I staring at it everyday brushing my teeth!

About the smart top/remote top...LOVE IT...I also like it that the doors now lock when I start the P especially when my wife is slow and gets locked out!!

Don't say that too loudly!
Old 02-13-2006, 08:26 AM
nycebo
Three Wheelin'

Thumbs up

Talk about a popular mod. I was showing my newly installed SmartTOP to my father, who drives a C4S Cab, before the snowstorm hit and he was hooked. He ordered one yesterday and Sven was cool enough to extend the group buy. Seems the mod bug hit him a bit. He had a bit of a fever and asked me to phone in a prescription of some interior carbon panel pieces for his car.

What's cool about the SmartTOP is the utter simplicity. You just click the button and go about your business. It's the beauty of the aftermarket.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:18 PM
pl
Drifting

Originally Posted by nycebo
No, only the smarttop. Pl, it's pretty easy to do. My sticking point was a little different than everyone else's. Plugging the Wilhelmy module into the car's convertible top module took me a while (5 minutes) because I was overly concerned with bending a pin. Ultimately, it just slid right off. Let me know if you are concerned about doing it alone and I'd be happy to arrange something to help you out.
i don't have concern, but i do need to cause to go to the city!

maybe after snow.

Quick Reply: Smart Top/ Remote Top Group Buy