Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Supercharged 996 3.4L: A perfect daily d...

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006 | 03:08 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by karlooz
a '99 is supposed to be 2919# but probably w/o fluids and bare bones-no options.

rip out the speakers/stereo (will be doing soon ), sunroof delete, carbon hood, carbon decklid wing, remove the sound insulation and of course the spare tire. what else?

wish i had an LSD after fishtailing onto the freeway the other day (cold and damp).

here's more of sharkwerks handywork. sorry for the dirty engine bay, this car is no queen .
That magic lil red tube strikes again!:P

Thanks Carlos, James and I were talking about yours a lot and also Robert C's cab... Both of those cars really slapped us in the face and it'd be good for the shop and for us to have an NA 996 3.4L to show case stuff. Ahem.. more importantly have an awesome daily D too. The 996TT is so darn fast now that it's just a big stress to slam the throttle. It's loud (when you're on it), fast and gets to crazy speeds...
Old 01-26-2006 | 03:09 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

One day when we have to do the clutch and/or tranny we'll slap in a Quaiffe
Old 01-26-2006 | 03:14 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

the SC get to fast speeds quick too. got on the throttle in 4th to overtake and bam i see the flashing lights. CHP said i was going close to 100 but let me off w/ 80+ phew! i don't think i was going that fast but it was the breakneck acceleration that led him to believe i was
now i need a slower car

Originally Posted by sharkster
That magic lil red tube strikes again!:P

Thanks Carlos, James and I were talking about yours a lot and also Robert C's cab... Both of those cars really slapped us in the face and it'd be good for the shop and for us to have an NA 996 3.4L to show case stuff. Ahem.. more importantly have an awesome daily D too. The 996TT is so darn fast now that it's just a big stress to slam the throttle. It's loud (when you're on it), fast and gets to crazy speeds...
Old 01-26-2006 | 03:15 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

One day when we have to do the clutch and/or tranny we'll slap in a Quaiffe

YES PLEASE!
Old 01-26-2006 | 05:24 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

YES PLEASE!
Heh... the customers are corrupting the shop-staff again:P I've been scouring Craigslist all day and over lunch James and I were already talking about what we're gonna do.

LSD on yours round turns- yummy.
Old 01-26-2006 | 05:26 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

the SC get to fast speeds quick too. got on the throttle in 4th to overtake and bam i see the flashing lights. CHP said i was going close to 100 but let me off w/ 80+ phew! i don't think i was going that fast but it was the breakneck acceleration that led him to believe i was
now i need a slower car
Actually you're right. It's deceptively quick... Because of the way it comes on (being smoother) I don't realize how fast I'm going in those too. Did you tell him you were on your way to the track:P?
Old 01-26-2006 | 06:12 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Actually you're right. It's deceptively quick... Because of the way it comes on (being smoother) I don't realize how fast I'm going in those too. Did you tell him you were on your way to the track:P?

the officer saw the roll bars and said to "keep it on the track"
Old 01-26-2006 | 06:35 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Heh... the customers are corrupting the shop-staff again:P I've been scouring Craigslist all day and over lunch James and I were already talking about what we're gonna do.

LSD on yours round turns- yummy.

hmmm..... the list for the '99 you will find:

evo supercharger
10PSI w/beefed up bottom end and heads
water meth
2002+ headlight conversion
TA bumper
misha wing
carbon hoods
motons/erp links
race seats
roll bar/cage
LSD/quaife
accusump
18" bling/race wheels

wait... this is my list
Old 01-26-2006 | 06:43 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

the officer saw the roll bars and said to "keep it on the track"
ROFL... Funny thing is that actually happened to me too. He saw my roll bar and harnesses and even the shoe polished numbers and said "OK keep it under three digits please and go home. You've obviously had a good day at the track now knock it off"....
Old 01-26-2006 | 06:45 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

hmmm..... the list for the '99 you will find:

evo supercharger
10PSI w/beefed up bottom end and heads
water meth
2002+ headlight conversion
TA bumper
misha wing
carbon hoods
motons/erp links
race seats
roll bar/cage
LSD/quaife
accusump
18" bling/race wheels

wait... this is my list
Yep that covers it! I'd get rid of the back seats, which is FREE...
Old 01-26-2006 | 10:23 PM
earlyapex
Addict
Rennlist Member

Alex,

Have you put a SC on a X-51 equipped car?
Old 01-26-2006 | 10:35 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by earlyapex
Alex,

Have you put a SC on a X-51 equipped car?
Hi Eric,

Personally James and I have not done that yet here. We've done flashes, intakes, headers and exhaust systems on those and had better than your average 3.6L results obviously... In talking to Todd/Mike I believe that it has been done but I would have to check tomorrow. I remember them talking about it last summer etc... Just like the other mods we've done your car is only better equipped to handle them. The only difference in the Super Charger kit for your car would be some additional tuning. Just software basically
Old 01-26-2006 | 10:58 PM
earlyapex
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks, Alex. The 40th is a great car and just like every Porsche nut I'm looking at getting more power for it. Right now it's sitting on PSS9's with a nice alignment. The rest of the car is stock and comfy.
Old 01-26-2006 | 11:01 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thanks, Alex. The 40th is a great car and just like every Porsche nut I'm looking at getting more power for it. Right now it's sitting on PSS9's with a nice alignment. The rest of the car is stock and comfy.
I'll get more info for you on that SC later but with PSS9s that car will handle perfectly on the street. Good choice... I'd say whatever you end up doing, complimenting what you already have is a good idea. A lot of the time we end up putting on headers, mufflers and/or an intake/flash to get an additional 30HP. Most of the time that's "enough"... When it isn't, it's not like you can't use all of those parts anyways

PS I wish in stock form they weren't so quiet.
Old 01-26-2006 | 11:03 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I'll get more info for you on that SC later but with PSS9s that car will handle perfectly on the street. Good choice... I'd say whatever you end up doing, complimenting what you already have is a good idea. A lot of the time we end up putting on headers, mufflers and/or an intake/flash to get an additional 30HP. Most of the time that's "enough"... When it isn't, it's not like you can't use all of those parts anyways with the SC. There's always cars coming in and out with some of that stuff on so check it "first" to see what and if you do and don't like....

Quick Reply: Supercharged 996 3.4L: A perfect daily d...