Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2002, 11:16 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Question ruf vs cargraphic pedals

I am having a difficult time deciding between installing either Ruf or Cargraphic aluminum pedals.
Does anyone have any experience with these?
Ruf pedals seem to be more popular.
Any differences between heel-toe?
Thanks
Old 05-23-2002, 12:39 AM
DonW-Cape Cod
R.I.P.
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have not seen Cargraphics pedals. RUF's are very expensive...about $600, but are great looking and work very well.

Have not seen Cargraphics pedals nor do I know the cost. RUF pedals are about $600 for set incl dead pedal. RUF's are attached

Old 05-23-2002, 11:58 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Arrow

Don,
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, the 2 pics did not come up. I will look on your website to see if I can see them there.
The Cargraphics pedals are shown in this months Excellence magazine, pages 7 and 13. They are all aluminum, available with Turbo script machined in, and are almost identical in form factorshape to stock pedals. They are ~ $350 for pedals including dead pedal at <a href="http://www.e-bydesign.com." target="_blank">www.e-bydesign.com.</a> I would assume that <a href="http://www.cargraphicusa.com" target="_blank">www.cargraphicusa.com</a> would be the same price.
I think the Rufs are available thru weissach for ~$550.
I have heard that the Rufs, due to the curved shape, will hit the carpet (the clutch pedal) and will start to wear/tear the carpet if the floor mat is not pulled up.
Have you had any problems like this?
The Rufs look like they would be better for heel/toe due to the gas pedal shape compared to the stock shape/size of the Cargraphic pedals.
Thanks again for your input.
Old 05-23-2002, 12:33 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 144 Likes on 77 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by ltc:
<strong>Don,
I think the Rufs are available thru weissach for ~$550.
I have heard that the Rufs, due to the curved shape, will hit the carpet (the clutch pedal) and will start to wear/tear the carpet if the floor mat is not pulled up.
Have you had any problems like this?
The Rufs look like they would be better for heel/toe due to the gas pedal shape compared to the stock shape/size of the Cargraphic pedals.
Thanks again for your input.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I have the Ruf pedals, minus the dead pedal, which I thought was overkill. Price was $299 for the set (clutch, brake, gas) from Weissach. The pedals are slightly larger than stock and make "heel and toeing" a bit easier. The rubber ***** on the pedals are a nice feature and eliminate problems with slippery leather soled shoes or wet pedals.

Since the clutch pedal is curved and a bit larger than the stock pedal it can catch the edge of the carpet mat (not the floor carpet itself) when it is fully depressed. You just have to slide the mat a bit further back toward the seat to eliminate this problem.
Old 05-23-2002, 02:00 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 212 Posts
If your looking for an all metal pedal why not go for the Porsche techequipment one-look nice and looks exactly like the stock rubber ones. The RUF pedals are nice and the rubber inserts definitely helps from slipping especially when wet. It's true that if you use RUF pedals it can grap onto the mats so best advice if you go that route you need to use the floormat anchors so it won't drag the carpets forward. RUF are expensive but they look great and the rubber inserts gives it a great contrast. I don't think it helps in anyway with performance IMO it's more for esthetic. Heel/toe is the same with stock rubber ones. regards. Mike
Old 05-23-2002, 04:11 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Question

996FLT6,
I was unaware that Porsche Tequipment had aluminum pedals. I could not find them on the website nor in the Tequipment catalog.
Could you provide any information or details on the pedals?
Old 05-23-2002, 04:22 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 212 Posts
You may want to check out the nearest dealership because I did see them when I was getting some lite bulbs from Sonnen Porsche for my 996 and it was on display with other techquipment and looks exactly like the rubber stock rubber ones cept its metal. From memory I think price was about 275 or so. Regards. Mike
Old 05-24-2002, 12:43 AM
DonW-Cape Cod
R.I.P.
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To Lewis from earlier post. My RUF pedals were for a tipS, so I don't have that problem. Don't understand why pics didn't show up, but pedals are on the website.

Quick Reply: ruf vs cargraphic pedals