Fabspeed Headers

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 11:30 AM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C4S Surgeon
Actually I have seen them(zertek) in person, didn't care for them, seemed cheap. Call Joe, he will get you a very competitive price, you'd cry if you knew the deal I got.( nowhere near twice the price)
Karloos, I think thay all just copied fabspeed.

hmm.... i don't think everyone copied fabspeed but rather everyone bought from the same german manufacturer. your fabspeeds look totally differnt from their web pic. they must have bought the same ones but now have develped their own.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:40 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

The giac(sp) chip I think
Mine has 43k, they do reduce the CR but I'm concerned about the added stress, (at least they warranty your engine though), but not as much as I would with an evo.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:47 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Karlooz you may be right, his website says German made, as does the paperwork, but he may be totally reworking them on his own.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:52 AM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

The giac(sp) chip I think
Mine has 43k, they do reduce the CR but I'm concerned about the added stress, (at least they warranty your engine though), but not as much as I would with an evo.

you should check out the 6speed thread regarding the Ruf SC. they posted that they dynoed it yet didn't want to show anyone the results. you were instructed to call some dude if you wanted the figures. pretty LAME. they said north of 400 but may not even be reproducable.
Old 01-20-2006, 12:09 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Yeah, I saw that, can't imagine why they wouldn't publicize the data, seemed weird. I'd be concerned with either charger, just a little less with the Ruf bc of the warranty. When I called them they said 43k would probably be ok( althouigh the German Ruf website said that with >40k you will require a motor rebuild), but they couldn't tell for sure until they took the heads off. Sounds like you could end up with one whopping bill!
Old 01-20-2006, 01:10 PM
evo_333
Three Wheelin'

Nice Chris! They headers do look puuuurdy

I love how everyone is stepping up the mods!!!
Old 01-20-2006, 01:25 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

WTF, it's only money, if I don't spend it my wife will that's for sure!
Old 01-20-2006, 01:53 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

WTF, it's only money, if I don't spend it my wife will that's for sure!

get the RUf SC! it's only money right? you can be the first on the boards w/ the Ruf SC. we could all get together for a supercharger shootout the TT guys can't have all the fun
Old 01-20-2006, 01:55 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yeah, I saw that, can't imagine why they wouldn't publicize the data, seemed weird. I'd be concerned with either charger, just a little less with the Ruf bc of the warranty. When I called them they said 43k would probably be ok( althouigh the German Ruf website said that with >40k you will require a motor rebuild), but they couldn't tell for sure until they took the heads off. Sounds like you could end up with one whopping bill!
ya, they require a rebuild for the warranty but if you don't care i'm sure you can forego the engine rebuild. it IS the SLICKEST SC kit around.
Old 01-20-2006, 02:28 PM
nycebo
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

http://www.devwebsphere.com/porsche/...percharge.html

Hmmm.....wonder if this is Arenared.
Old 01-20-2006, 02:47 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nycebo
http://www.devwebsphere.com/porsche/...percharge.html

Hmmm.....wonder if this is Arenared.

that's not arenared. he's a local bay area dude. owns a boxster. met him and doesn't like that guy in the picture.
Old 01-20-2006, 03:53 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

From what I have seen and read, it appears Fabspeeds are the way to go. They have excellent build quality, good performance, made in Germany. 'Nuff said. Can't wait to get a set .
Old 01-20-2006, 03:53 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

Edward, How is that new exhaust?
Old 01-20-2006, 04:10 PM
nycebo
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Doug, it is great. You weren't kidding when you said it would add to the experience of driving. What really got me is how much louder the exhaust is when standing behind the car (when the valet went to park it). Whoa! It sounded awesome. Not as full throttle as the rip-roaring Fabs, but enough to get me smiling without raising the NYPD's eyebrows.

I'm planning on driving the heck out of it this weekend (forecast calls for 50s here in the city) and then taking some photos and posting some audio clips for you guys to hear. I figured since you guys were so great at posting audio files that helped with my decision, it's the least I could do for the next guy. BUT, a big thanks to You for all your help with the process!

Meanwhile, I can't wait to read Chris' thoughts on these headers after his installation this weekend. Man, they are superb looking. I'm already looking forward to my next mod...and they might be it.
Old 01-20-2006, 06:24 PM
dallasboats
Pro

C4s surgeon, were you one of the guys giving me crap about my mods and how they didn't add up to anything............................ Jim B and a couple other dick wads if I remember right. You guys jumped my back about using the owners manual as a weight estimate too. Now you're quoting your g sensor and making claims about competive products, go figure................

Quick Reply: Fabspeed Headers