Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

alignment settings for an 02 cab with PSS9's?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 02:35 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

They don't rec the x74 on a cab, too stiff.
Old 01-15-2006, 03:26 AM
SPR
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool Jim. BTW all I used to run 4f 3r for the pss9's with my aformentioned alignment but I didn't like the harshness so I then set them to 4 all around. It is much more of a pleasant ride but becuase the rear shocks were not as stiff the rear was rolling more. I adjusted the front bar 1 stiffer- I from full soft and it is about right now. I ran the car through the canyons at 40/44 hot temps and it was ok but the rear was stepping out. (I know I should have run the rears less), but have run them at 40 before and wanted to try a little more pressure to see how much bias it changed.

BTW the car is probably the best with the current setup
Another result is that stiffening the front bar to stiffen the rear handling makes the steering feel much more solid and connected. It also seems to make the dampening/spring rates seemingly more equal front to back for whatever reason.
This stiffening of the front bar got rid of the inherent plagued light feeling of the 996 that the boxter doesn't have. It now feels just like a boxters steering.
Old 01-15-2006, 01:28 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Got mine all set and ready to go. Just needs the alignment.

Front setting 5
Rear setting 4

Front ride height 25.5"
Rear ride height just a hair under 26"

corner balanced within about 35 pounds

Viperbob on here did the install, and what a great job he did I might add. The car rides and handles great. Not nearly as harsh as I thought it would be.

Boy my car is a porker. Around 3450 with fuel. the blower and the 19" wheels dont help any I guess

Quick Reply: alignment settings for an 02 cab with PSS9's?