Sponsored by:

Appx. price to fix throw out bearing

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 09:49 PM
Srao
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Appx. price to fix throw out bearing

First things first, Happy New Years to all of you!

Second, I believe I am in need of a new throw out bearing on my '02 996. The problem I am encountering after driving for 20-30 minutes occurs when I shift into and out of gears. It is most easily heard in/out of first because of the limited noise from surroundings.

The noise I am hearing is similar to a squeak, but also similar to the sound a cable makes when it is stretched out too much. My guess is that the throw out bearing needs replaced, but you all probably are a lot better at identifying problems like me.

If this is the throw out bearing, what would the approximate cost to replace be? Any help would be great. Thanks!
Old 01-02-2006, 11:19 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Srao
First things first, Happy New Years to all of you!

Second, I believe I am in need of a new throw out bearing on my '02 996. The problem I am encountering after driving for 20-30 minutes occurs when I shift into and out of gears. It is most easily heard in/out of first because of the limited noise from surroundings.

The noise I am hearing is similar to a squeak, but also similar to the sound a cable makes when it is stretched out too much. My guess is that the throw out bearing needs replaced, but you all probably are a lot better at identifying problems like me.

If this is the throw out bearing, what would the approximate cost to replace be? Any help would be great. Thanks!

i thought it the trow out bearing would make a rattling sound not a squeak. when does the squeak happen? when you are rowing the gears, depressing the clutch pedal...

if it is the throw aout bearing then i would expect 5~6 hours of labor, 20 bucks for parts. in the bay area delaer labour rates are now 150/hr and independents are 125/hr.

Quick Reply: Appx. price to fix throw out bearing