Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Does every cracker in a Subaru want to race you?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 11:08 AM
searching4996
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
And the down side of that would be......?

Now, all we need to do is convince them to put a clear bra on that artifical 'frontage'!
Good one!
Old 12-24-2005, 12:09 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What brand car is qualified to challenge you or do you never street race?
Old 12-24-2005, 12:37 PM
dmac
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by washington dc porsche
What brand car is qualified to challenge you or do you never street race?
I apologize that my original post may have led you to believe that I am so sort of snob elitist and that I feel that this brand of car is not worthy of street racing me. It has nothing to do with the brand of car. I think I even said that the Subaru would probably have whooped me (can't remember for sure).

It's just that my previous cars were a Nissan pick-up, Expedition, and a Camry and I never had anyone entice me to street race, nor have I ever street raced so I was just kind of shocked by the whole thing. I was just trying to change lanes so I could get off at the next exit and get to work and this dumbass nearly caused an accident, so I really didn't give a **** what he was driving unless it was a police car.
Old 12-24-2005, 12:41 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

I see, you never street race..

Originally Posted by dmac
It has nothing to do with the brand of car. I actually said that the Subaru would probably have whooped me.

It's just that my previous cars were a Nissan pick-up, Expedition, and a Camry and I never had anyone entice me to street race, nor have I ever street raced so I was just kind of shocked by the whole thing. I was just trying to change lanes so I could get off at the next exit and get to work and this dumbass nearly caused an accident, so I really didn't give a **** what he was driving unless it was a police car.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:39 PM
Gnome
Racer

Hey, I bought my car 'cause I like to drive it. The WRX STI looks like a fast car too, and if I had one I'm sure I'd be proud of it too. But I don't need to street race to prove I like my car.

A few months ago I almost got run over by two Evo's racing on the freeway. They came down the left lane, side by side. That's right, both of them side by side in the left lane, except for when they were cutting each other off, running on the left shoulder, or jumping two lanes to the right to get around another car. I slowed waaay down, got over to the right, and prayed I wouldn't get caught in whatever accident they were going to cause. I'm just glad nothing happened.

I guess my point is, street racing seems dumb and pointless no matter how you look at it.
Old 12-24-2005, 10:46 PM
Eli K
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Gnome
I guess my point is, street racing seems dumb and pointless no matter how you look at it.
Yep. Save it for the track !
Old 12-25-2005, 02:54 AM
Nutbeem
Burning Brakes

Driving home tonight with the family in the Expedition, full of Christmas presents from my folks house, and almost slammed into by some dumbass in a tricked out Integra with fart cans, scared the hell out of everyone when he comes flying up behind me going at least 100.

Grrrrrr....
Old 12-26-2005, 12:29 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

I just rev up the PSE and they realize I'm not impressed with their fart can potato shooting muffler. At that point I usually get a "whoa, that is a sweet exhaust man" and the obligatroy thumps up or peace sign and we go our merry way.

Quick Reply: Does every cracker in a Subaru want to race you?