Sponsored by:

K40 Custom Radar Install

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2002, 10:15 PM
dan996tt
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post K40 Custom Radar Install

People have asked me about the K40 radar/laser diffuser. IMO, I think it is fantastic. I have included some pictures for people to see.

If you don't catch it the first time, the 2 RED LEDs were instaled in two blank switches (I think the ones meant for footwell lighting and the rear wiper). The city/highway CLEAR LED was installed in between the two targa roof switches (same spot that cabs use for the convertible top switches). The second picture shows where I had the volume/on/off control installed (inside the driver's side AC vent module).

The radar modules are installed inside the front bumper and inside the rear bumper. The laser diffuser was removed from the license plate housing and installed inside the front grille, below the license plate.

I'd be happy to answer any questions.

LEDs

Volume/On/Off Control
Old 08-15-2002, 10:34 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

Nice Targa Dude! But you need to lower it . BTW have you ever compared the K40 to some of the others out there (v1,8500)? I have an 8500 it's great, but I want something a lot more stealthy.
Old 08-15-2002, 10:43 PM
dan996tt
Instructor

I had the Valentine 1 before. I really don't see a difference between the two. The Valentine 1 is useless against laser, it is mounted too high and the windshield is too thick and reflective for the laser to be effective. The K40 Laser Diffuser is mounted outside the car down low where it should be. Plus, the K40 has a stealth look.

K40 gets my vote.

Best Regards,

Dan

Quick Reply: K40 Custom Radar Install