Sponsored by:

Recommendation for PPI in Pompano FL area

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2002, 10:07 PM
jmtxsb
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Recommendation for PPI in Pompano FL area

I am currently looking at purchasing a '99 996 in the Pompano FL area and was wondering if anyone had recos for a PPI. I dont live in the area so I'm not familiar with local shops. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-01-2002, 10:27 PM
Jim Sloves
Racer

Gulf Performance 954 783 1345 ask for Felix or Vince

Foreign Affairs 954 in Margate; I don't have the number. Ask for Bob Varella.

Feel free to drop my name. Gulf maintained my Boxster for 4.5 years. I found out about Varella later on. Both have sterling reputations.
Old 08-01-2002, 10:35 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts
Champion Porsche, the world's largest vlume Porsche dealership is in Pompano. Ask for Paul Householder. Tell him Jim Newman sent you. He is ver good.

Also, I agree with the other post, Bob Varela at Foreign Affairs is good guy. He is pretty well connected in that part of south Florida.

Good Luck

Jim Newman
Old 08-01-2002, 11:46 PM
jmtxsb
AutoX

Thank you both for your replies - I will probably try to arrange a PPI as soon as possible. In terms of a PPI, is there any general opinions regarding using a porsche dealership for a PPI versus a specialized shop? Once again, thanks in advance.
Old 08-02-2002, 09:24 AM
Jim Sloves
Racer

I would NEVER used a dealership to inspect the car. The incentive is to bash the car you're bringing in and then try to get you to buy one of their used or new cars. Get a great (not good) independent shop that doesn't have any vested interest in whether or not you buy or sell the car in question.

Also, I think the service folks at Gulf and Foreign Affairs are ...well...let's just say that I don't know anybody who is very happy with Champion service. The sales guys are great but I've never ever heard anyone say "Champion service dept is great". I've only heard 100% fine things about Varella at Foreign and the guys at Gulf.

My .02

Quick Reply: Recommendation for PPI in Pompano FL area