Sponsored by:

My New REAL GT2 Wing....

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 03:03 PM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My New REAL GT2 Wing....

Just got back my REAL GT2 replica wing from my buddy Mike at MAShaw. Known for their amazing Porsche parts. This is a complete composite wing that includes CNC machined uprights, brakelight cut out, intake vents, and is all 1 piece. The fitment and finish is SO amazing compared to others. This wing looks much better then my previous. Our painter was pleased with the finish as it was ready to paint. Minimal prep unlike other fiberglass wings. There is also a Carbon Fiber Blade option but i decided for full composite. Even check out the the vents built into the wing!

I am linking to a real GT2 so you can see the similarities.
CLICK HERE
Being that this wing is 1 piece instead of an attachment to the decklid, its rigidity, aerodynamic design, and strenght is much stronger. NO BS this is the real deal. I am so stoked to have it on the car. If anyone is interested, we are doing special deals on this. So give me a PM or call.

Thanks
Dan

OLD wing on my car -

NEW MASHAW GT2 Exact Replica Wing -

Old 10-11-2005, 03:36 PM
Neighbor
Instructor

Nice. I really like the real GT2 wing. Looks awesome on your car.
Old 10-11-2005, 03:41 PM
yetis
Three Wheelin'

Looks kind of sweet. How much? Also, how does it fit on the car? Is that a bit of a gap I see on the last photo, on the left edge? I could be wrong, just wondering? Also, with the intakes as they are, how does that integrate into a 996 NA, with the airbox intake on one side? Is there a collector that I don't see, that diverts the air flow into the intake? I like it.
Old 10-11-2005, 03:52 PM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

No gap...that is before I adjusted it, I quickly laid it on and took pics as I was excited. MASHAW/VividRacing includes complete installation instructions. Fits to the factory hydraulic shocks for opening and closing. The fan, latch, and other parts bolt right on it.

The vented section in the center helps with air flow and cooling, the intake ducts on the upgrights go through and direct air right into the intake channel. We have the EVOMS VFLOW which is helped tremendously by this.

The cost is about $1400-$1500.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:15 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 84 Likes on 38 Posts

Hmm looks a lot like the Misha wing?? Hope that isn't a copy!
Old 10-11-2005, 04:18 PM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

Looks NOTHING like a Misha wing. Misha thinks we copied his wing. We dont make wings, sorry bud. We took it off the car because of its quality. So good luck with that. I would bet 90% of the Porsche community knows MAShaw and Getty Design over Misha. You can see all of their work at www.mashaw.com.

If you want to turn this into a pissing match, your headed in the wrong direction....

Last edited by evolvedaz; 10-11-2005 at 04:42 PM.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:32 PM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Received 796 Likes on 259 Posts

-deleted-
Old 10-11-2005, 04:38 PM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

You have got to be kidding... the fiberglass is terrible on Misha. Trust me we DONT need to sell them and because you sell them the plugs are cool, but side by side, MASHAW hands down. Just look at it. I know everyone is buddies with Misha, but the wing is terrible and the man accused of copy his wing...so in the end... Promote it all you want, money is money.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:39 PM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

PS this is NOT a thread on misha, this is a thread on the wing on my car, so lets keep it civilized between vendors...
Old 10-11-2005, 04:43 PM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Received 796 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by vividracing
PS this is NOT a thread on misha, this is a thread on the wing on my car, so lets keep it civilized between vendors...
You are right, I have deleted my post.

But, just a comment...slamming Misha's wing is not really keeping it 'friendly', but I respect your opinion.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:43 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

There are actually about four companies making a GT2 wing for a 996, maybe more. I had the Misha wing, it was great, just too big for me. One advantage with a C4S for Misha is the fact that you don't lose the reflector strip.
Just be sure it's what you want, and be sure and balance it with a front splitter as you will get high speed instability without one. FWIW the real GT2 wing sits slightly higher and at a slight different angle than either of these wings, not sure how significant that is, esp on the street.

Last edited by C4S Surgeon; 10-11-2005 at 05:07 PM.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:05 PM
TallCoolOne
Instructor

No gap...that is before I adjusted it, I quickly laid it on and took pics as I was excited. MASHAW/VividRacing includes complete installation instructions. Fits to the factory hydraulic shocks for opening and closing. The fan, latch, and other parts bolt right on it.

The vented section in the center helps with air flow and cooling, the intake ducts on the upgrights go through and direct air right into the intake channel. We have the EVOMS VFLOW which is helped tremendously by this.

The cost is about $1400-$1500.
Hey Dan!!! The wing looks good. So by looking at this, water still can get into the intake as easily as Misha's or the other replica wings. I have a Misha wing and couldnt be happier but hmmmmmm that looks awsome with the side intakes. Can that be order for an 01 C2 Cab???
Old 10-11-2005, 05:42 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 84 Likes on 38 Posts

Looks NOTHING like a Misha wing. Misha thinks we copied his wing. We dont make wings, sorry bud. We took it off the car because of its quality. So good luck with that. I would bet 90% of the Porsche community knows MAShaw and Getty Design over Misha. You can see all of their work at www.mashaw.com.

If you want to turn this into a pissing match, your headed in the wrong direction....
"Chiiiiil Winston".... I was just saying it LOOKS like the Misha wing. I wasn't bad mouthing it. I know Mike Shaw really well- great guy. In fact I have the first CF GT2 wing he ever made for the 996TT on my car. Not interested in a pissing match but I noticed you were slagging Misha's wing and then had another one for sale that looked like it is all. I found it strange you were slagging his wing off since so many board members have been so happy with it.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:07 PM
SANDOVAL
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was never a fan of the GT2 wing on the Narrow body.... BUT in white that thing is sick! I love white 996's I really should have held out for a white Aero. I guess the grass is always greener... I still love SY though.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:45 PM
bet
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm confused...is the wing in question in the first post a Porsche GT2 wing or is it a replica made by MAShaw? If MAShaw why call it a "REAL GT2" wing?

Quick Reply: My New REAL GT2 Wing....