996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Why do I feel like I'm floating?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 03:13 AM
delirium
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get this floatiness feeling too, I think the car needs to be lowered maybe? Also the areo of the car, all the weight is in the back, along with trammeling (sp?) where the font tires move w/ the grooves in the road.. i don tknow, but I want to correct the issue too..
Old 02-09-2006, 09:11 AM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know why the car feels light in the front! I checked and there is no engine!!!! Luckily we can check the oil from the dash! Where the hell is the engine???

Anyway, I drove with some heavier stuff in the trunk and the floating feeling was gone...I guess that I have to bite the bullit and "go lower"..because the floating sensation was completely gone with weight in the trunk.....I guess lowering the P an inch or so..will take care of it..until then sandbags in the front....because it feels good to drive 135MPH....with the top down.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:35 PM
michollock
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

quick question on this. i only really feel the floating when the wind is blowing strong an i am over 80mph. I have factory 17s... does switching to factory 18s help this? Also have minor tracking issues when highway is uneven. would 18s help or hurt this? i am in the market for new tires so if i were to switch to 18s this would be the time. i will also have the car alligned when i get the tires.

Quick Reply: Why do I feel like I'm floating?