Sponsored by:

Paint both fenders for $350?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 11:08 AM
programmatore
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by washington dc porsche
First Choice Body Shop in Arlington, I was going to go to Collsion works across from Potomac Yards but I saw no Porsches there (all BMW's). First Choice is full of 996's and was recommended by the dealership nearby.

It's been kind of grey out today, I'm going to wash her up tomorrow morning to take some pics.
Cool. Yeah, I've heard of First Choice. Maybe I'll use them when it comes time to respray the bumper (so much friggin' road construction here that I have all these stone chips).

There are actually two Wagonworks locations -- the one right across from Potomac Yards and another (Wagonworks II) a couple of blocks down the street towards Alexandria. When I took my car to Wagonworks II there was another 996, a few Benzes, a couple of Bimmers, a Range Rover or two and even a Ferrari Challenge Stradale there so that made me feel a little bit at ease that they were dealing with high-end cars.

Hey, check out http://www.dorkiphus.com too. It's a local group and you can find a lot of info on track events and fun runs, wrenching sessions, car shows, etc.

-G
Old 09-24-2005, 06:53 PM
m21sniper
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Just as a comparison: one fender for my wife's Volvo was $1075.00. That was to remove a small scrape and dent about the size of an orange and repaint the entire fender to match. Pefect results."

Yep, you got raped Jim.

It's still not fraud though(with the caveat that they actually do what was promised for the price promised), this is a free market economy. If the market will bear the cost, you can charge whatever you want.

If a lawyer can charge you $250-300 per 1/2 hour, or a doctor $50-75 for a 15 minute visit, then a mechanic can charge you $1000 to paint a fender.

Is it fair? Not really, but it is free......as in free market.

And if you think joe retail is getting raped, you should see the prices the insurance companies pay!
Old 09-24-2005, 06:57 PM
m21sniper
Banned

Originally Posted by redduck996
DC,

Let me/us know how it goes.. I need to have my rear painted (minor scratch). Tysons collision quoted $1100. They said they would have to remove the entire bumper. Sand and re-spray the entire bumper. If your shop does good work, I would like to take my car in and have the bumper touched up.
LOL, i can almost guarantee that if you pulled into that shop with a $5000 dollar honda they'd have quoted you less than 1/2 the price.

Want to beat them at their game? Take the bumper off yourself and have them respray it. Then put in back on yourself.

Being a DIYer really pays dividends.
Old 09-24-2005, 07:00 PM
m21sniper
Banned

Originally Posted by washington dc porsche
It's done and over she's home.. It looks great.
Glad you're happy with the work, and your baby is OK.

Quick Reply: Paint both fenders for $350?