Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Bit of a rant...but with a Carrera wing question!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 08:27 PM
wlee69
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bit of a rant...but with a Carrera wing question!

I had ordered a Carrera Aero wing (aftermarket) for my 01 Cab from Departstop during the second week of August. The painted wing finally arrived last week.....5 weeks later...and it arrived without the brake light and wire harness to turn off the dash light.

I called Departstop that day...said they would get it next day aired to me.....so now its a week later (week 6), still don't have the light or harness and I've called every day with different answers each time. Its frustrating because without the owner being there (Dayton is in Germany)), nobody can tell me if the items shipped/not shipped/if its in stock/or even what the OEM Porsche part # is!!! A little embarrassing since call they do is sell Porsche stuff!!!

I'm at the point where I may just order the part myself just so I don't need to even think about them anymore......does anyone know what the part number is for the Carrera Aero wing wiring kit? I should include the brake light, and a wire harness...

BTW - The painted wing looks great...but its hard to recommend them with their lack of customer service and product knowledge!!!

Thanks,
Will
Old 09-14-2005, 08:31 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Will - Sorry to hear about your customer service problems. Once you get the wing installed, please post pics. I would love to see it.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:50 PM
RobynC
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is indeed too bad, having dealt with Dayton and Departstop on many occasions, this is terrible. I hope it gets settled for you soon.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:33 PM
Loren
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wlee69
I'm at the point where I may just order the part myself just so I don't need to even think about them anymore......does anyone know what the part number is for the Carrera Aero wing wiring kit? I should include the brake light, and a wire harness...

BTW - The painted wing looks great...but its hard to recommend them with their lack of customer service and product knowledge!!!

Thanks,
Will
If you are putting the Cup Aerokit rear spoiler on then there is no brake light on the spoiler - only the brake light under the rear window. Spoiler Harness
Old 09-14-2005, 10:59 PM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Received 824 Likes on 269 Posts

I'm not making any excuses for your bad experience, but now that I've been on both sides of the fence ,so to speak, I feel bad for both parties.

None of us tuners/part places want to offer you guys bad service, but sometimes stuff happens and it can't be helped. Now if it happens over and over then that's bad.

Sucks that it happens, but it does to everyone. It's good to hear the bad with the good. That's the only way to improve.

Thanks for sharing your experience with them.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:44 AM
wlee69
Addict
Rennlist Member

Loren - This is the wing that I purchased...just an aftermarket one (link below). I believe there is a kit that has a wire harness and a brake light together....

I looked at the link you supplied....it was a little confusing...not sure if I need part# 996 612 070 04 or 996 612 070 51 ??

Thanks,
Will

http://www.departstop.com/996exterior.htm

Last edited by wlee69; 09-15-2005 at 08:30 PM.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:52 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

ya, they are mess without dayton, but even when he was there i got delays. 2 week delivery turned to 5 weeks plus they forgot to send all the parts; they forgot to send the wing out with the bumper and skirts, missing wiring harness for the rear wing, front fender lip and hardware was missing. what a mess. oh ya my aerokit 1 wing came cracked too. he said he would comp me some dough. still haven't seen any refunded cash in my acct. i think it's time to give him a call.

(my rant over)

Originally Posted by wlee69
I had ordered a Carrera Aero wing (aftermarket) for my 01 Cab from Departstop during the second week of August. The painted wing finally arrived last week.....5 weeks later...and it arrived without the brake light and wire harness to turn off the dash light.

I called Departstop that day...said they would get it next day aired to me.....so now its a week later (week 6), still don't have the light or harness and I've called every day with different answers each time. Its frustrating because without the owner being there (Dayton is in Germany)), nobody can tell me if the items shipped/not shipped/if its in stock/or even what the OEM Porsche part # is!!! A little embarrassing since call they do is sell Porsche stuff!!!

Thanks,
Will
Old 09-21-2005, 12:46 PM
Dayton996T
Advanced

Well, thanks for not beating me up too bad guys....I will make things right, I havent been in this business 18 years to drop the ball now!

Just sometimes when Porsche is the only source for something we are subject to their abilities....

Cheers
Dayton
Old 09-21-2005, 01:05 PM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Received 824 Likes on 269 Posts

Dayton, I understand now....Sometimes when you order parts from your vendors you're at their mercy. I've learned being on the other side.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:53 PM
wlee69
Addict
Rennlist Member

Well, the saga continues.....talked to Dayton this week...he was pretty sure I would get the harness by the end of this week....was hoping it was waiting for me when I got home....no such luck!!! Going on to week 7..... (5 weeks for the wing...2 weeks (so far) for the harness)

I did check with Suncoast and the brake light/harness is about $170!!! ouch!

I'll have to give Dayton another call on Monday morning....and see if anything turns up next week!
Old 10-01-2005, 02:44 PM
ckl93
Addict
Rennlist Member

Will,
I was looking into ordering the Carrera Aero wing from Departstop also. I was wondering if you had received the harness yet or are you still waiting? If you finished the install could you post a pic? Just curious because if I was to order from Departstop now, I would probably only receive the wing by the time I'm ready to garage the car for the winter...
Did you check out any other companies to order the wing from?
Old 10-07-2005, 11:05 AM
wlee69
Addict
Rennlist Member

Nope...still have not received the harness or light....I bug Dayton every other day or so and he says they are still waiting for the correct parts from Porsche. Its just pathetic at this point - 8 weeks and running....the worst part is that they charge by credit card back in August so I've already paid for everything!!

When (or should I say if) I get the harness and put the wing on, I'll definitely post some pics. Hopefully it will also be before I have to put the car away for the winter!!!

More to come....
Old 10-07-2005, 02:43 PM
Chronos
Advanced

Hate to jump on this lil rant but I will too. I purchased a Porsche item from them on Ebay. Immediately paid for the item and shipping. I never received the item. A couple of weeks later I emailed them (and even requested a tracking number so I could find out what hapened) and was told it was shipped, and they'd ship another, but there was no tracking information. A couple of weeks later I emailed again that I didn't receive the item and they said they'd mail it again, but no tracking details. In the mean time I had several other items delivered, three from Ebay vendors, without issue. I finally gave up in frustration and I won't do business with them again. Sad, but true, especially now that I'm shopping for rear wings...
Old 10-07-2005, 02:53 PM
Dayton996T
Advanced

Are you sure it was us?
Cheers
Dayton
Old 10-07-2005, 02:54 PM
Dayton996T
Advanced

Looks like we are finally getting somewhere with Porsche today on the wings....Should have the correct conectors this afternoon.....cross fingers!
Cheers
Dayton

Quick Reply: Bit of a rant...but with a Carrera wing question!