996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

i got my GT3 RS-R

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 09:17 AM
bobporsche996
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i saw that car at the auto gallery in seattle about a year and a half ago when i was porsche hunting... i'm assuming someone bought it there, and just recently sold it? i think they were asking like $69k for it at the time which I think was a bit ridiculous for a 99..
Old 09-11-2005, 02:32 PM
brucem
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LOWBLUE320
is this the one with the rebuilt title, thats the only thing that stopped me from purchasing this car other than that its bad to the bone......
no rebuilt title on this car i checked it before I got it. The car was bought by the guy I bought if from back in the beginning of 01. We have been friends for 10 years now. His family is very well off and he just thought this car would be cool as hell (it is but he doesn't think so, so I will let him think that )he didn't think it would be so much of a "race car" setup. he has owned 3 NSX's and built rx-7's.... so he is going to a 355 now.

THAT IS FINE WITH ME!!! that just makes me get a great deal

He has had this car for sale via consignment at a dealership for about $70k.. and never advertised is..

Needless to say I am damn happy and feel lucky for what I have (and worked hard for)
Old 09-11-2005, 04:27 PM
LOWBLUE320
3rd Gear

check e-bay, Im not saying its the same car but same wheels (size,style) also a 1999 clone RSR, same yellow (light tone) just thought you had the only 99 clone with fiske wheels in that same yellow, Didnt mean to start anything I just think the one I saw and was bad ***. Check E-bay and see the sellers question and answers the car was on there a couple of times maybe 2-3 months a ago so that you can see how close it looks to yours.
Old 09-11-2005, 06:43 PM
brucem
Instructor

check e-bay, Im not saying its the same car but same wheels (size,style) also a 1999 clone RSR, same yellow (light tone) just thought you had the only 99 clone with fiske wheels in that same yellow, Didnt mean to start anything I just think the one I saw and was bad ***. Check E-bay and see the sellers question and answers the car was on there a couple of times maybe 2-3 months a ago so that you can see how close it looks to yours.

i went on and i can't find it. can you post a link?
Old 09-11-2005, 07:49 PM
LOWBLUE320
3rd Gear

I dont have a link I also tried but its not there anymore the pic of the car was infront of a garage of a house also the guy had 2 sets of seats for it but was selling with the original ones, still they are bad aszzzzzzzz.If you are doubting you can P.M. me your vins as I work in a dealer an can carfax for you as a favor.Also make sure the title is from your state not out of state sometimes for ex (geogia to florida) wont show rebuilt there are was that people have pulled scams to clean them trust me ive seen it personally but they eventually got caught and police know what to look for but still you never know.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:01 AM
brucem
Instructor

I dont have a link I also tried but its not there anymore the pic of the car was infront of a garage of a house also the guy had 2 sets of seats for it but was selling with the original ones, still they are bad aszzzzzzzz.If you are doubting you can P.M. me your vins as I work in a dealer an can carfax for you as a favor.Also make sure the title is from your state not out of state sometimes for ex (geogia to florida) wont show rebuilt there are was that people have pulled scams to clean them trust me ive seen it personally but they eventually got caught and police know what to look for but still you never know.

no I appreciate it, but the was bought from a friend on mine. I have a carfax and it's clean and it's a WA title I have know the owner since 95

what dealer do you work for? i use to do finance at a dealer in the south end
Old 09-12-2005, 12:11 PM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bruce,
Here's a little background on the R/RS/RSR series so you know what car yours is mimicking. Porsche makes two series of production racecars that it sells to customers. The GT3 Cup Car and the “R” series. The cup car is based on a narrow bodied 996 chassis while the R series has a wide body. The cup car starts at about $120k without spares although there are several variants such as world cup cars and cup cars with R engines. The R series is double that. I think it would be most accurate to say that your car attempts to mimic the body of a GT3 R. The RS and RSR came later. Here is a picture of a GT3 R running me down in a club race a couple of years ago. I’ve driven an R and it’s absolutely amazing. Yours on the other hand will not be that great on the track. You have way too much body for the HP your engine will make. The R is great with 450 hp but with 300 hp all that wind resistance is going to suck. Not knocking the car. Just don’t go picking a race with a stock C2. Have fun.
Jim
Attached Images  
Old 09-12-2005, 12:18 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Nice shot Jim.
Old 09-12-2005, 12:42 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Wow! That is one great shot Jim. I assume your #89 car is your dedicated track car? Looks like some healthy camber there still left on that left sweeper. Bet it handles like a champ!!! Very nice
Old 09-12-2005, 02:50 PM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

I think the right caption for the picture is "Sometimes you're the cat, sometimes you're the mouse." Obviously in this case I was the mouse.

Dell,
This is an old shot of my racecar. It really hasn't changed much in appearance since the picture but has been updated with a new 3.6L X51, triple adjustable Motons and RSR adjustable springs. Given the Grand Am Cup 996s can't run the X51 and weigh 100 lbs more than me, I suspect I can claim it's the fastest n/a 996 around. If only it had a driver.
Jim
Old 09-12-2005, 03:20 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JimB
I think the right caption for the picture is "Sometimes you're the cat, sometimes you're the mouse." Obviously in this case I was the mouse.

Dell,
This is an old shot of my racecar. It really hasn't changed much in appearance since the picture but has been updated with a new 3.6L X51, triple adjustable Motons and RSR adjustable springs. Given the Grand Am Cup 996s can't run the X51 and weigh 100 lbs more than me, I suspect I can claim it's the fastest n/a 996 around. If only it had a driver.
Jim

oooh jim, you went with the triple adjustables eh? mmmmm... are there 2 adjustments (fast and slow) for compression and 1 adjustment for rebound?

can i claim fastest n/a 3.4L around?

btw, great shot!
Old 09-12-2005, 04:35 PM
brucem
Instructor

THank you very much Jim.. that is some great info So what your really trying to tell me is I need to buy a bigger motor..... RIGHT

well the car will be fun for lapping days.. and auto-x days at least
Old 09-12-2005, 04:38 PM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Carlos,
I purchased a barely used racing suspension from a friends 996TT club racer when he decided not to race the turbo. It was made up of the 3-way race Motons and adjustable rate RSR springs. Pretty trick stuff. As amazing as my suspension was before, it's even better now. The 1600/1800 lb spring rates might make it a little harsh for the street though.

Yep, you can claim the fastest 3.4L. It might start a pretty interesting argument. I'm just waiting for someone to challenge my claim.
Later,
Jim
Old 09-12-2005, 04:40 PM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Bruce,
HP is good!

Actually what I don't like about the car is it might have trouble backing up the flash. That doesn't mean it won't be fun though.

Enjoy,
Jim
Old 09-12-2005, 05:38 PM
Cupcar#12
Addict
Rennlist Member

Jim
which classes are you running. (my 99' is destined to become a dedicated track car in a few years, for PCA/POC club racing stock classes)

That was the car that sat at I-5 Motors forever. It's interesting
Thanks

Quick Reply: i got my GT3 RS-R