Sponsored by:

Newby owner..Pics Held Hostage

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2005 | 09:18 AM
Jim in Southlake TX
Instructor

Default Newby owner..Pics Held Hostage

Good morning y'all.

Well, I finally did it. After researching (primarily on this board), I decided to go with at 99 996 that I found in Pittsburgh (I live near Dallas). The car only has about 18000 miles, black with black full leather interior as well as the aluminum package etc..

Now, before you ask about pics, here's my story. I needed to go to Pittsburgh last week on a business trip, so I decided to buy the car and drive it back to Dallas. The transaction was quite easy. The seller was ordering a new car and the dealer did all the paperwork as a courtesy, transfered the car to me at the price I negotiated with the seller and off I went. Yes I know, pics... I'm getting to that. Since it's a 1400 mile drive from Pittsburgh to Dallas, I had a good chance to get to know how everything works and get a good feel for the car. Consequently, I now have 1400 miles of road goo, bug guts and dust to clean off... that's at lie, I already washed it once, but it's not perfect yet.

So, in exchange for pics, I need the name of the best auto detailer in the Dallas/Fort Worth area - sound fair? I promise, I won't harm your pics if you give me what I want.

All kidding aside, this is a fantastic forum and I plan to become a full card carrying member... once I get the car detailed and post pics.
Old 09-04-2005 | 09:24 AM
dmac
Rennlist Member

Sorry I can't help with information about the detailer as I don't live in the area.

Just remain calm and don't do anything irrational with the pics. I'm sure we can work things out. Perhaps you have a family member or close friend you'd like to talk to?

Congratulations!! I've had mine for three weeks and enjoy it as much now as the day I bought it.
Old 09-04-2005 | 12:46 PM
mundman
Burning Brakes

Sorry, no info here as we will not negotiate with hostage takers. BTW why not ask about the correct products to use and do it yourself. No one else touches my car and it is a great way to look real close and get to know your car. It also helps you decide where to spend that Mod Money!!!

welcome to the forum--you'll love the car!
Old 09-04-2005 | 03:00 PM
Jim in Southlake TX
Instructor

I'm trying to remain calm so no pics get hurt

I agree with the idea of doing it myselft..... but not yet. I'm seeking professional help for the first detail job. The car is black, so I don't want to risk swirling the paint or some other mistake in my first week
Old 09-04-2005 | 04:39 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Jim in Southlake TX
I'm trying to remain calm so no pics get hurt

I agree with the idea of doing it myselft..... but not yet. I'm seeking professional help for the first detail job. The car is black, so I don't want to risk swirling the paint or some other mistake in my first week
Unless the detailer is good, he/she (politically correct dual gender reference, BTW) could do more damage than you would.

I'll make you a counter offer. You release the pics, and we'll make sure you learn how to detail your own car. We'll give you info on a polisher, proper cleaning, washing, and polishing products and techniques. As well as letting you know which paint sealants/protectants work well.

Just make sure you don't do anthing rash with the pics, if they are damaged in any way or intentianally hurt, you will pay!
Old 09-05-2005 | 12:31 PM
Jim in Southlake TX
Instructor

Ah.. a good ol' Texas standoff, pics or help, pics or help. Who's gonna blink first
Old 09-05-2005 | 12:37 PM
dpblessing
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

clever thread
congrats on the car.
Old 09-06-2005 | 11:05 AM
Jim in Southlake TX
Instructor

Thanks

I'm looking forward to getting my new toy on the road for another trip - but not 1400 miles in one day.
Old 09-06-2005 | 01:39 PM
RutgersU
Racer

Jim,

I live near you in Keller. For detailing I used Scott at www.scottwax.com. He'll come to you. I didnt use him for my 993 but he did a great job on my black lexus.
Old 09-06-2005 | 03:04 PM
Jim in Southlake TX
Instructor

Thanks John.

What color is your 993 cab? I don't recall seeing it around town?
Old 09-06-2005 | 03:25 PM
Neighbor
Instructor

Hey Jim, welcome. I haven't used these guys, but have been told they do a fantastic job with Zaino. I'm looking to call them here soon myself. http://www.zainomobiledetail.com/intro.shtml Good luck in your search and let me know who you end up with, will ya?
Old 09-06-2005 | 04:02 PM
Mitty
Racer

FREE THE PICS!! FREE THE PICS!! FREE THE PICS!! FREE THE PICS!! FREE THE PICS!!

-Darren
Supporter of the "FREE THE PICS!!" coalition.
Old 09-06-2005 | 04:13 PM
RutgersU
Racer

Originally Posted by Jim in Southlake TX
Thanks John.

What color is your 993 cab? I don't recall seeing it around town?

Jim,

My cab is white. Easy to clean. No need for a detail guy. Unfortunately I rarely drive it. I'll keep an eye out for your 996.
Old 09-06-2005 | 08:53 PM
Jim in Southlake TX
Instructor

Originally Posted by Neighbor
Hey Jim, welcome. I haven't used these guys, but have been told they do a fantastic job with Zaino. I'm looking to call them here soon myself. http://www.zainomobiledetail.com/intro.shtml Good luck in your search and let me know who you end up with, will ya?

Thanks Neighbor. I might give them a try. By the look of their website they look top notch. Hopefully the wait is not too long. I'll let you know.
Old 09-06-2005 | 08:57 PM
Bob/Ft. Worth
Racer

Default Southlake? Keller? Ha!

I'm in Keller too. There is a Zaino mobile detailer over towards plano. Haven't tried the other one recommended earlier in this thread.

http://www.zainomobiledetail.com/intro.shtml

My car is black also and looks purdy shiney. If you buy the beer, I can help you detail it. I have a porter cable polisher and lots of wax. You can stop by if ya like.

Matter of fact, seems like all us Southlake/keller guys need to get together!

bob

Quick Reply: Newby owner..Pics Held Hostage