Exahust sounds hard to make up my mind

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 02:44 AM
eddie081
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exahust sounds hard to make up my mind

I think this have been ask many times but I still can't make up my mind

I know GHL have a summer blow out but which I am very interested in getting 750.00 you really can't beat it

I have one question, what is the sound like?

I am trying to get as close to as my buddies Modena 360 with a tubi, I know it's 2 diffrent cars and twice as many cylinders but I just like that loud crazy exhaust noise it sound slike a track car

Will the GHL sound close to it?

TIA
Old 08-28-2005, 03:01 AM
01aeroc4sc
Track Day

If you want it to sound like a track car then go with the fabspeed muffler bypass pipes. Go to fabspeeds website they have video and audio. I love mine!
Old 08-28-2005, 08:28 AM
mjb2448
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

GHL "loud" has that low sinister growl warning all to lock up all your wives and daughters. Also turns your exhaust hydrocarbons into a bouquet scent of aged cedar wine casks with just a hint chyery wood.
Old 08-28-2005, 10:26 AM
riozilla
Instructor

I think GHL Loud will do the track for you. Again, the price simply cannot be beat for the joy it delivers.

I have the Regular GHL and am very happy with it. Sometimes when I start the car up and roll in 1st gear it makes a deep, gurgle type of sound that reminds me of my friends Ferrari exhaust.
Old 08-28-2005, 10:37 AM
SPIKES
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 44 Posts

has anyone done and had success with the d.i.y p.s.e by adding a "bypass" pipe without the valve on the standard system? i saw a thread somewhere here about it and i am not sure if it will work on the '03.
i have looked at the pictures of the box and it is a easy conversion but i am not sure if the inside plumbing has changed.
thanks
Old 08-28-2005, 11:04 AM
1999Porsche911
Race Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SPIKES
has anyone done and had success with the d.i.y p.s.e by adding a "bypass" pipe without the valve on the standard system? i saw a thread somewhere here about it and i am not sure if it will work on the '03.
i have looked at the pictures of the box and it is a easy conversion but i am not sure if the inside plumbing has changed.
thanks

Of course it works. I run MY 03 3.6 mufflers on my 99 on which I installed a 1 1/2 pipe. Sounds great. Pipe size will determine loudness. Search the 997 forum. I did a writeup on it. It's under sport exhaust.
Old 08-28-2005, 11:59 AM
TT Gasman
Drifting

The regular GHLs sound good, but if you want loud and throaty get the Fabspeeds. The GHL louds might also be an option, but I have no direct experience with them. Can't beat the price.
Old 08-28-2005, 03:12 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

thanks
Spikes - Here is the thread that 1999Porsche911 mentioned. Good pics and insight to the mod. I'll probably have a muffler shop do this in the next couple of weeks.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum/221337-no-more-porsche-sports-exhaust.html
Old 08-28-2005, 05:12 PM
SPIKES
Rennlist Member

excellent thanks gota911 and 1999porsche911.
now i know whrere i saw it as you said in the997 forum. i checked your thread again and came across the exhaust cut -away pic which shows me why it works. i am a visual guy and could not work out why the bypass would make it louder....got it now...
which in your opinion is the best diameter pipe to use?
should it be stainless steel...i asume the exhaust is?

thanks again
Old 08-28-2005, 05:54 PM
1999Porsche911
Race Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

excellent thanks gota911 and 1999porsche911.
now i know whrere i saw it as you said in the997 forum. i checked your thread again and came across the exhaust cut -away pic which shows me why it works. i am a visual guy and could not work out why the bypass would make it louder....got it now...
which in your opinion is the best diameter pipe to use?
should it be stainless steel...i asume the exhaust is?

thanks again

I used 1 1/2 inch pipe and love the sound. Bigger is louder, smaller is quieter. I did not use stanless steel, but simply sprayed the pipe and the weld with header spray paint. I know that some of you with think that I will be condemned and burn in hell for all eternity, but that's what I did and am happy with it. Not too many people admire my car by laying on their back and looking at the mufflers.
Old 08-28-2005, 06:33 PM
SPIKES
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 1999Porsche911
I used 1 1/2 inch pipe and love the sound. Bigger is louder, smaller is quieter. I did not use stanless steel, but simply sprayed the pipe and the weld with header spray paint. I know that some of you with think that I will be condemned and burn in hell for all eternity, but that's what I did and am happy with it. Not too many people admire my car by laying on their back and looking at the mufflers.
that sounds good....thanks for your response...i will be doing this a.s.a.p.
thanks
Old 08-29-2005, 03:37 PM
eddie081
Advanced

The Fabspeed muffler delete pipes are they really loud and raspy?

Thank you for all the insight

Ed
Old 08-29-2005, 03:43 PM
kristap
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eddie081
I think this have been ask many times but I still can't make up my mind

I know GHL have a summer blow out but which I am very interested in getting 750.00 you really can't beat it

I have one question, what is the sound like?

I am trying to get as close to as my buddies Modena 360 with a tubi, I know it's 2 diffrent cars and twice as many cylinders but I just like that loud crazy exhaust noise it sound slike a track car

Will the GHL sound close to it?

TIA
No, it's not going to sound like it. I have the GHLs and love them but they don't wail like the banshee you are seeking. Used to have Tubi's on my nsx and they had a wicked scream that raised the hair on your neck.

The GHLs are great and I highly recommend them but are a different kinda sound. Think rumble. Does Tubi make Porsche exhaust?

Quick Reply: Exahust sounds hard to make up my mind