Old 08-26-2005, 09:26 AM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Mr. C4
Mike,

It's accuracy doesn't matter since you set the shift point. Rev the engine to desired rpm to where you want the ligt to come on, push the set button and you are done. It saves the shift point in it's memory even after unplugging it.

Pivot's products are super for trackday junkies and DE events.

Ciao,

Johannes E.

GT3 CS
Picks up everything from the lighter connection right? I'm thinking thats for power only, does it work like the Gtech, where there's g sensor inside the unit? No tach sensor wire right?
Old 08-26-2005, 12:35 PM
Mr. C4
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike,

Picks up the rpm signal from the cig lighter and powers the unit. No Gtech g sensor at all, just rpm pick up and shiftlight function.

Ciao,

Johannes E.

GT3 CS
Old 08-27-2005, 11:22 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 1999Porsche911
You guys should forget the computer controls and pay attention to your car. It is really not that difficult to "feel" where to shift in each gear, including downshifting. Driving is all about getting to know your car. Forget the traction control, ABS and the like and drive the car - don't let it drive you. Otherwise, you might as well get someone to drive for you.
By the way, my primary for getting this is to warn me than I'm about to hit red line. Not to tell me when to shift. I'm gonna start by setting it about 500rpm less than the red line so a have a split second to react.

Quick Reply: Shift Light thoughts/recommendations??