Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

How to remove the as$hole magnet in rear bumper !

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 02:44 AM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JimPDX
In some localities we have "20mph AT ALL TIMES in school zones" (I can hear Lee now). The violation is pricey around $275.00. So...

You want to discuss a/holes...here's the picture...

Beautiful weather, my sun roof and windows open going down the long hill from my house. I Get to the school zone and drop my speed to 20MPH.

"Move your M/F'ing red *** your Porsche Pri*k" I hear from somewhere behind me. I look in the rear view mirror and here's a big fat guy about 30 years old on a poorly sized mountain bike right on my tail...like maybe 2 inches away from from the bumperettes.

At this point he starts to pass on the left but there's a car approaching, so he swerves all the way to the right but its too tight because the trees (we have a few trees in Oregon) are right up to the road.

Now this guy is yelling at the top of his lungs and calling me every name he can think of and telling all the trees what he thinks of Porsche cars. Finally the approaching car passes which was a beautiful red Corvette also going about 20...and Big Boy on a Bike decides this is it he's going to pass me on the left.

At this point his big hairy Streck legs and his weight are pushing this mountain bike to speeds probably pretty close to 40mph down hill. As he passes of course he does something original and gives me the finger (Gee, I wish I thought of that). He's whipping down the hill and the rear strut is bouncing big boy on a bike big time. Then the front starts to go as he approaches the turn at the bottom of the hill where he completely looses it and ends up dropping the bike and rolling in the brush.

As I approach I slow down and stop and ask if he's OK to which he replies..."F/you you Porsche Pri*k...I toot my horn and gave him the big forehead "L".
Old 08-12-2005, 06:19 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Patrick
I don't like to use mine as I fear the local constabulary might mistake it for a burnt out brake light, and pull me over to "inform" me.
That's why I ran a jumper wire from the fog light wire in the wiring harness on the left side and connected it to the identical wire in the harness onthe right side. Plug in a bulb on the right side and presto! Both rear fog lights work now.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:29 AM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by JimPDX
In some localities we have "20mph AT ALL TIMES in school zones" (I can hear Lee now). The violation is pricey around $275.00. So...

......As I approach I slow down and stop and ask if he's OK to which he replies..."F/you you Porsche Pri*k...I toot my horn and gave him the big forehead "L".
Jim - That is a great ending to a great store. It's too bad you don't have a clear bra on the P-car. If you did, you could have pushed his mountain in the bushes with the front bumper and not have scratched the paint! See, another reason for a clear bra!
Old 08-12-2005, 08:56 AM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
That's why I ran a jumper wire from the fog light wire in the wiring harness on the left side and connected it to the identical wire in the harness onthe right side. Plug in a bulb on the right side and presto! Both rear fog lights work now.
Actually, Tim, I think that might make it less effective (of course, this is just my opinion because I haven't done any studies to back it up . . . I thankfully have better things to do ). The problem as I see it is not that the other driver hasn't seen you, it is that they haven't noticed you. Lighting both fog lights just makes your lights brighter, and while they might notice it for a second, they will quickly adapt and stop noticing it. I like the one sided fog light because it is "unusual." It makes people notice it and think . . . that "dumba$$ Porsche owner is rich enough for that car but stupid enough not to keep bulbs in it." I don't care what they think, but if they are thinking about it they have noticed it. I try not to leave the fogs, or the hazards for that matter, on for very long so that the other drivers do not get used to it.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:29 PM
peachboy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm always carefull around cyclists but most of them likely failed Physics 101.
Saw this women ringing he bicycle bell to a huge FedEx delivery truck that was pulling from the curb into her lane. Some people don't get that the final rule is whoever is in the smallest vehicule must keep an eye out for the larger one....why I never argue against semis.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:18 PM
Res Ips
Rennlist Member

Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts

Jim - That is a great ending to a great store. It's too bad you don't have a clear bra on the P-car. If you did, you could have pushed his mountain in the bushes with the front bumper and not have scratched the paint! See, another reason for a clear bra!
Hi Tim...

To my dying day...NEVER!! Besides real men don't put Saran Wrap on their cars
Old 08-12-2005, 06:35 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

Who's going to order this one?
Attached Images  
Old 08-12-2005, 11:49 PM
Patrick
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member - times 3

Received 227 Likes on 139 Posts

Which defeats the purpose of the rear fog, and fools people into thinking your brake lights are on, which isn't always a good thing.

You're not one of those people that run their rear fogs in clear weather, are you? I can't stand that. Volvos are particularly bad.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:49 AM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Patrick
Which defeats the purpose of the rear fog, and fools people into thinking your brake lights are on, which isn't always a good thing.

You're not one of those people that run their rear fogs in clear weather, are you? I can't stand that. Volvos are particularly bad.
Actually, no, I don't run my fogs in clear weather. I have illuminated the rear fogs twice in the six months I have owned the car. 1st time - in the garage when I completed the fog light mod; 2nd time - last week in the early morning... in the fog.

Quick Reply: How to remove the as$hole magnet in rear bumper !