Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

TPC VS. EVO Supercharger kits for the 3.6L 02' Carrera??

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 01:03 PM
1999Porsche911
Race Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

You have to also take into consideration the air temp sensor of the MAF if you cool the air after it passes that point. Otherwise your car will run leaner than setup for. The fuel mapping is based on assumptions that the air will be specific temp compared to the MAF reading. So all you would do if you lowered your intake temp to half of what it is now without adjusting the MAF, is maybe a slight gain in power by adding denser air to the mixture, but at a cost of running lean.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:12 PM
Sanjeevan
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TD in DC
As usual, you and I think alike on this. I think the Ruf would be great, but the problem I have is that I don't really "need" it now that I am using the 996 solely for the street. I wonder whether the cash could better be used elsewhere (e.g., GT3, 997S, etc . . . )
As usual, I agree with both of you guy's. I know TD has already bought a lower hp. track car, and I too am totally embarassed with the hp. I have now . 90% of the cars on the track has lower hp. than my stock motor, and what's the fun in passing them, passing turbos and ZO6's with my stock motor,... now that's a whole lot of fun . So, a sc or turbo will just lessen the fun for me.

Quick Reply: TPC VS. EVO Supercharger kits for the 3.6L 02' Carrera??