Sponsored by:

Tire choices for C4S

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 06:35 PM
Barron
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire choices for C4S

Tire time is here and I'm trying to decide between Michelin PS2, Michelin Pilot Sport Ribs, and the Bridgestone SO2A. Not really sure what to get for strictly street use. The qualities I value are handling, thread life and quietness in that order. Any sugestions??
Thanx,

Barron
Old 07-17-2005, 07:13 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

All are gret tires. Do a search and you will get EVERY explanation why each tire is the "best". Tires are like exhaust notes......personal taste will dictate purchase.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:02 PM
Kirk S
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default i'm in same mode of thinking...but still have maybe 5k miles left

my '02 C4S will need new rubber soon also

i am considering exact same tires as you are and, in my case, i do prefer N-rated stuff although many don't care about the N-rated conundrum.

i know others will crucify me for this idea but i am considering the conti sport contact 2's. unlike most of those who will skewer me over this choice i have actually run both the conti 1's and the conti 2's on boxsters that i previously owned. the 2's are night/day improvement over the 1's which indeed did suck badly (i autocrossed & DE'd on each flavor of the contis). the 2's provided fairly quiet ride, held up well, exhibited friendly breakaway characteristics (never spun my box and the price was nice.

i have pirelli assymetricos on the C4S now. don't like them. way too noisy. but they do hold up well for track duty.

another oddball trait i look at in tires: since all (ok, many) 911s tend to sit a tad a$$-low i tend to try not to buy a tire who's overall diameter is *less* for the rears vs. the fronts thereby exacerbating this 911 aesthetic trait which i dislike. i'm pretty sure some of your choices are like this. may not matter to you though.

Quick Reply: Tire choices for C4S